Merrill Lynch is looking for the entrepreneurial, the driven and the resourceful to step up to a new career as Financial Advisors for a special group of people - our clients. Only 15% of advisors, industry wide, started as advisors. And many of our most successful advisors have come from careers outside of financial services, including sales, law, insurance, accounting, community leaders, fundraisers, educators and the military. The Practice Management Development (PMD) program is a 43 month development program designed for professionals who are ready to make a career transition and follow their passion of becoming a full-fledged Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor.
PMD is a structured and disciplined program that demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the growth and progress of our Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors. PMD offers new advisors the most professional and client focused sales, investment and business management training in the industry. PMD Associates will build upon their knowledge of these topics throughout the duration of the program, while focusing on developing client relationships.
With the assistance of mentors and managers, our PMD Associates will learn to develop a pipeline of affluent clients, identify client needs, develop relationships with existing and prospective clients, review investment goals, prepare investment recommendations that align with client goals and the business management skills needed to operate an optimal practice model.
The Practice Management Development Associate engages in:
The Practice Management Development Associate receives:
- Developing a book of business in order to meet and exceed the required performance hurdles.
- Effectively sourcing prospective clients, capitalizing on referrals, assessing customer needs, through collaboration, delivering the full resources of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch to the client, and delivering highly customized solutions to meet client needs.
- Recommending investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their objectives, resources, time horizon, risk profile and preferences.
- Completing required training, obtaining industry licenses (Series 7 & 66), mastering assessments, maintaining continuing education requirements and meeting minimum performance standards.
- A base salary through the full 43 months in the PMD program along with an incentive package. Upon completion of the PMD program, the candidate will be compensated in accordance with the Financial Advisor Incentive Compensation Plan.
- A full benefits package, holiday pay and 401K.
- The strength and name recognition of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America.
- World class investment, sales, and business management training throughout their career.
- Cutting edge technology and an industry leading platform.
- Access to a full array of investment and banking solutions for your clients.
- Mentors and managers located within your local office to work with you towards your success
- PMD curriculum that includes CFP course work, wealth management curriculum, licensing and essential skills training from managers and mentors
Candidates for this role will have a history of high achievement demonstrated by a proven record of rapid advancement in exceeding goals and outperforming peers. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years outside sales or business development experience or has worked in an entrepreneurial setting.
Success Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate will bring to the role a broad network of contacts and relationships along with the ability to develop a strong sales pipeline through prospecting, cold calling and relationship building. Other success attributes candidates possess are:
- Ability to influence people and focus on clients.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated to succeed.
- Perseverance, resilience and confidence.
- Concise, inspiring communication.
- High professional standards and integrity.
The ideal candidate will have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree. The following licenses/designations are preferred:
If this sounds like you, click 'Submit Interest' to proceed!
- Series 7 and 66 licensed - The PMD curriculum assists candidates from outside the wealth management industry to prepare for and complete licensing requirements for both.
Merrill Lynch - 22 months ago
Economic crisis? Merrill Lynch cried bully on that. The Wall Street institution with the iconic bull logo is now the wealth management,...