Working Partnerships USA - New Media Organizer
Working Partnerships USA is seeking an experienced online organizer and communicator to join our team. We are working on cutting-edge organizing and public policy strategies to build power for low- and moderate-income families in this country. We work on issues ranging from government accountability, healthcare reform, civic engagement, to raising the minimum wage.
Organizer will be responsible for development and implementation of strategic communications plans for our key program areas, including social media and new media strategies. Specific duties could include:
- Develop and coordinate new media and social media components into communications plans, including concepts for Facebook, Twitter, and email outreach as well as microsites, blogs, and website design.
- Project management for program areas implementing innovative communications strategies and organizing.
- Work with organizing and research/policy staff to design appropriate new media strategies to enhance the on-the-ground work
- Write and edit leaflets, newsletters, talking points, speeches, letters to the editor, op-eds, background pieces, blog posts, website communications, and other materials needed for various campaigns.
- Capture and edit photos and video for production materials
- Perform other duties as required to support the organization and its mission.
A commitment to use communications strategies to bring working people's voices and issues to influence regional, statewide and national policy-making.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience working in communications in a campaign environment (labor, non-profit, or advocacy).
- Bi-lingual (reading and writing) in Spanish or Vietnamese strongly desired.
- Proven experience in developing social and new media campaign strategies and programs.
- Experience developing campaign message and enforce message discipline in fast-paced campaigns.
- Press and media relations skills with demonstrated ability to gain a broad audience for campaign messages.
- Proven ability to execute leaflets, brochures, direct mail pieces, video scripts and other materials.
- Knowledge of advanced graphic design software, video production and printing techniques.
- Excellent oral written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate vendors and consultants involved in campaign activities.
- A commitment to justice for working families.