This position is responsible for providing a very high level of technical leadership to engineering and the technical organization of the Company. This position is awarded to individuals in the technical community that have demonstrated high levels of technical expertise in a specific technical area. This position is also responsible for assisting in the development of others in specific technical areas to bring the competence of the Company overall to a higher level.
- Provide technical leadership to Design Teams, Engineers, Production and support personnel.
- Serve as a technical "expert" in a specific area by providing technical advise and leadership as needed.
- Recognized by peers and management as a "stand out" technical leader
- Provide training and leadership internally to improve the Company''s level of technical competence in a specific technical field
- Evaluate, recommend, and manage the procurement of equipment, tooling, and processes to improve the competitive position of the Company globally.
- Work closely with Sales and Program Management as key technical customer interface on projects
- Publish technical papers and participate in technical organizations externally.
- Represent the Company at internal and external technical events as needed.
- Special projects as requested.
- Position will be responsible for developing new processes which will enable the manufacturing of new materials used in the transport of heat in the area of thermal interface materials, printed circuit boards, and other electonic materials.
- High level of technical expertise and understanding in specialized technical area
- Recognized externally as technical expert by industry peers
- Demonstrated leadership capability, ability to work in a team environment.
- Good problem solving, decision-making, time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of personal computer software and equipment.
- Experience in polymer processing, including mixing and a wide variety of forming methods, for example calendaring, molding, extrusion, tower coating, laminating.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective communication and collaboration across many groups in the business, including R&D, process development, process engineering, operations, product management, and sales.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, yet have capability to develop and implement processes with a minimum of supervision
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
- MS in a technical discipline minimum.
- 10+ years of experience
- Must have a wide array of experience in polymer processing