New Product Development Engineer
Johnstech International Corporation is a leading global provider of testing interconnect products for the semiconductor industry; a competitive and rapidly changing industry demanding constant innovation. The company designs and manufactures an extensive line of high performance test contactors that offer significant cost and flexibility advantages over competitive solutions. The company has a number of patented technologies that help characterization and test floor engineers limit risk, shorten development and test time, improve yields and reduce maintenance, resulting in the lowest cost of test.
Founded in 1991, Johnstech's high performance test sockets are sold primarily to integrated circuit manufacturers and IC test contractors. The company’s patented technologies allow its contactors to achieve far greater accuracy and improved reliability in test results. These high performance contactors are leading an industry-wide move away from traditional test sockets.
Johnstech is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices in Santa Clara, CA and Singapore. For more information, visit www.johnstech.com .
This position will be based out of our Minneapolis office. The candidate will be an innovative team player who will work with a cross-functional team of engineers to design platform and derivative electrical test socket products. The candidate will be responsible for the analytical/experimental mechanical design, development, and documentation of innovative Johnstech products. He/she will participate with engineers in analyzing requirements and in developing and translating engineering concepts into practical cost effective schedule driven designs. Functional areas include:
- System/detail level design and packaging of precision micro components.
- Structural/thermal analytical/experimental analysis of mechanical components/systems.
- Generation of product specifications, details, and assemblies
- DOE (Design of Experiment) and data collection/interpretation
- Prototype development/procurement and vendor selection/management
- Direct and participate in schedule development, design reviews and required meetings.
- BSME or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of “hands-on” experience in the development of precision new mechanical products.
- Knowledge of electrical contacts and connector design.
- Demonstrable analytical approach to mechanical and thermal design.
- Demonstrable Design Of Experiment skills.
- Proficient in the use of CAD.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing experience.
- Engineering documentation and change control process.
- Knowledge of metals/plastic/elastomeric materials, design/manufacturing processes- DFM/DFA.
- Experience using FEA and Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD)software.
- Solid problem identification/resolution, risk management skills – Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, 8D.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and meeting schedules – MS Project a plus.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with engineers, customers, and vendors.
- Innovative, pro-active, energetic, can-do type of personality working under minimum supervision and thinking outside the box.
- Able to travel – domestic and international ~ 10%
- Previous ATE (Semiconductor Capital Equipment/handler/prober) and test socket/connector experience.
- StatEase and/or Design Expert experience.
- Seimens NX experience.
- Knowledge of Tribology.
Johnstech International - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard