Starkey Hearing Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a New Product Engineer!
Do you want to be part of a collaborative and innovative team? If so, you may be interested in our New Product Engineer position. As a New Product Engineer you will be responsible for developing, implementing and improving new flexible circuit boards, thick film ceramic hybrids and surface mount assembly manufacturing processes required for the new product introductions. This position provides dedicated prototyping focus for new product development corporate projects and augments the current engineering team within Starkey.
Starkey Hearing Technologies is headquartered on a 47+ acre campus located in Eden Prairie, MN rewarding employees with beautiful, on-site walking trails. But that’s not all, Starkey has two cafés with outdoor terraces, four weeks PTO, excellent medical and dental coverage, 401k, ESOP, adopt-a-highway programs, community involvement and so much more. Known worldwide for its celebrity endorsements and annual gala, Starkey’s Hearing Foundation supports the gift of hearing and has donated over 110,000 hearing aids globally in 2011 alone, supporting our mission: “So the world may hear”. Voted one of the nation’s Top Workplaces in 2012, Starkey is changing lives the world over.
- A 4-year college degree (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred) in engineering or a physical science with a strong emphasis in metrology, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, physical analysis, and chemical analysis
- This position is intended for a MSEE or BSEE new graduate
- Minimum 2 year experience (with B.S. Degree and no experience with advanced degree) in process or manufacturing engineering required including failure analysis of printed circuit boards and/or electrical components, using DOE and SPC tools and other formal problem solving techniques
- Moderate use and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Knowledge of SEM, EDX, Auger, FTIR, GC/MS, SIMS, AA, LC, TGA, DSC, DMA, Ionograph, and other analytical tools and procedures is required
- Knowledge of materials science, mechanical engineering, metallurgy, plastics, statistics, chemistry, metrology and hybrid manufacturing required
- Knowledge of electrical engineering, acoustics engineering, communications systems, new product development systems and quality systems desirable
Skills & Abilities
- Works under general supervision. Is given basic instructions, then work is reviewed for technical judgment and adequacy
- Develops and communicates solutions to routine technical problems
- Contributes to the completion of detailed technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can be overcome, but may cause delays in program schedules
- Contacts are primarily internal company contacts including supervisor and group professionals. Occasional contact with external customers and suppliers
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytical and metrology tools and interpretation of the data from these tools
- Excellent leadership and people skills
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills
- Mentor, lead and train other technical coworkers
- Interpret drawings and component specifications and able to communicate with sketches
- Need to have demonstrated exceptional performance in past reviews
- Japanese or Chinese required
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
Starkey Laboratories - 20 months ago
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...