PURPOSE OF POSITION - The New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer will work closely with design engineering and other cross-functional groups to move new product designs through development into production. Plan, design, arrange, change, optimize, and supervise manufacturing process from concept to production. Manages the implementation and validation of new manufacturing processes and equipment to support the assembly of new product
· Develop, create, document (PFEMA, Control Plan, Process Instructions and assist with Quality processes and documentation) and implement manufacturing processes for printed circuit board (PCB) and other EMS assembly operations/ processes.
· Provides financial cost assessments and labor assembly estimates for new products.
· Create assembly procedures and work instructions for all phases of circuit board assembly (SMT, PTH, Box build and Test) and provides the training and oversight to implement such procedures.
· Demonstrate solid hands-on engineering skills in the development of new processes. Identifies and provides innovative new manufacturing technologies from current industry best practices that can be applied
· Create pick and place programs (universal equipment), chip bonder cure, reflow and wave soldering profiles and testing proto-call for prototype and production assemblies.
· Designs, specifies, develops, and procures new manufacturing tooling, fixtures and equipment
· Drive manufacturability and process capability into new product development to meet quality, schedule and cost goals.
· Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures for manufacturing
· Works with other engineering disciplines in the development of new products to increase production quality and efficiency
· Supporting design development by applying experimentation methods and statistical tools and support process and process material issues, machine capability and repeatability issues, and program / profile problems).
· Define BOM structure, and production processes. Track and report impact of design choices on product quality and costs. Assures routings, BOM set-ups and maintenance in Oracle
· Implement ECO’s into manufacturing group
· Works in a cross-functional team with design, manufacturing, testing, purchasing and quality to develop the manufacturing of new products and to supports implementing quality plan
· Provide DFM feedback for new product development activities
· Work with production support staff to help solve problems and maintain the manufacturing
· Conduct Design and process review for PCB layout and panelization
· Support for insourcing products and developing routings for products as well as addressing problems in routings to aid in better part flow through the manufacturing facility.
· Coordinates process training on processes/products for Production and Support groups. Maintain awareness and expertise of industry manufacturing techniques.
· Providing engineering support in production to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquiries regardless of the situation.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Works effectively in a matrix work environment.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
M INIMUM REQUIREMENTS
· 4 year technical degree BSEE, BSIE, BSME or equivalent.
· 6-12 years’ experience in PCB manufacturing minimum (circuit board mfg., SMT, PTH, Test and COB desired.)
· Demonstration of conceptual thinking skills, negotiation and conflict management skills.
· Working knowledge of quality and workmanship standards (IPC 610, Mil-Spec, and ISO). - Working Knowledge of creating PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
· Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Computer proficiency in Intermediate level in Microsoft Office programs.
· Excellence in written and verbal skills for effective interaction with people at all levels and functions inside and outside.
· Proficient in technical writing, good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical.
· Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma background.
Educational Background Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering
And a booming voice cried out, "Let there be light," and Acuity Brands replied, "Okay, sure." Acuity Brands, through...