The New Program Purchaser drives the development of new products as part of the Bike Engineering Group. The objective is to ensure a smooth transition of products from development thru manufacturing. This role oversees the development of transfer packages that include relevant specifications, drawings, completed item master, suggested suppliers, target costs, and projected volumes to meet supply chain, sourcing and production lead time. Strong communication skills and good decision making are the key to success in this role.
- Coordinate engineering prototype and developmental demands with purchasing and manufacturing
- Establish a product BOM structure and other necessary tools to act as a development road map for tracking cost, development progress, supplier development, etc.
- Track supplier communication, cost, and schedules through product BOMs and tracking sheets.
- Coordinate supplier quoting, supplier selection, and final costing with Sourcing Group and NPI manager.
- Manage transition of parts from development to procurement and manufacturing by reviewing demands and coordinating with master scheduling and sales.
- Work with document control, manufacturing engineering, purchasing, master scheduling, sales and engineering to ensure the accuracy of BOMs and drawings.
- Manage project completion activities related to inventory, etc.
technical degree with at least 5 years related experience or non-degree with at least 7 years experience.
- BS Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 3 years related experience, or non
- Familiarity with MRP and BOM systems is a plus.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build consensus and drive decision making with expertise in coordinating cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Advanced MS Project, Excel, Power Point, and Word software skills
- Bicycle or power sports enthusiast a plus
Fox Racing Shox - 30+ days ago
Compass Diversified Holdings helps niche companies navigate their way toward profitability. The holding company owns controlling stakes in...