Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our products in 53 facilities in 22 countries around the world. We have built our foundation on a commitment to forward-thinking innovation, and our industry-leading new product engine helps us bring new products to market that feature the latest advances in materials and technologies. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. For more information, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is currently seeking candidates for the position of New Ventures Advisor located at the Goodyear Innovation Center in Akron, Ohio. The New Ventures Advisor will analyze and support the development of new ventures up to proof of concept, and reduction to practice in the market, in order to provide Goodyear with profitable growth opportunities.
- Bachelors degree required.
- MBA with focus on innovation is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing company in the area of engineering, product development and/or marketing or alternative experience working in a research/innovation related field in private, public or government sector.
- Working knowledge of data collection, analysis/bench marking techniques, product/service development, marketing, and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Ability to drive differentiated product, process, and/or service concepts to market in order to provide Goodyear with profitable growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in the commercialization of new products, processes and services is critical.
- Prior work and interaction with third parties (ref. external contacts mentioned above) as related to technology or process development preferred.
- Entrepreneurial experience/mind set is an asset.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to envision the future state and "what if" scenarios.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams of a technical nature are essential.
- Preference for the abstract, imaginative, conceptual and theoretical is a plus.
- Ability to envision breakthrough, disruption and new market space is essential to reach an improved future state.
- Must work well in teams in an unstructured, self directed environment.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...