Physical Job Requirements:
- Have knowledge of hotel, hotel staff, and hotel services, including the hours of operations for all departments involved and in the surrounding areas. Has a thorough knowledge of guestrooms including: location, views, amenities, features, types, etc.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Offer the hotel guests the best possible service through clear, courteous and proper phone answering procedures.
- Be an ambassador by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift shops, etc. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Understanding of various payment options, check cashing procedures, and a working knowledge of various outlets charging procedures, to better assists the guest.
- Be able to give accurate directions and information to/from regarding the immediate and metro area.
- Handle all emergencies according to established procedures.
- Ensure any guests that may experience a problem receive an immediate response along with satisfactory resolution, any promised compensation is delivered and all guests receive appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all requests by management, which the associate is capable of performing.
Front Desk related duties:
- Requires continual standing, sitting and movement throughout departments.
- Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying 20lbs maximum
- Bending/Kneeling may be required
- Continuous standing is required while at the Front Desk.
X Handle all deliveries for guests¡¦ requests or other delivery needs including, but not limited to faxes, boxes, luggage, rollaway beds, cribs, frigs, microwaves, etc. Notify the proper department for deliveries (ex: faxes & boxes = bellstand, crib & frigs = housekeeping).
- Register guests and assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible, by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Properly code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing keys, certificates, coupons, and refreshment/VIP access as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travel checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post any related charges and adjustments to guest rooms and house accounts using the PMS computer, and complete proper documentation for shift closing.
- Be able to check out a guest and close a guest account at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction with bill and related services.
- Greet guests while managing guests in front of the desk.
- Complete the Night Audit Checklist.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming/outgoing transmissions.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, discounts, and how to handle each. Promote any marketing programs established to ensure the success for the hotel.
- Have working knowledge of PMS procedures. Know cancelation procedures and walk procedures.
- Prepare wake up sheet; record the guest¡¦s name and room number under the wake up time requested. Repeat this information to the guest to ensure proper handling of wake up calls in the morning.
AYS related duties:
- Track all amenities delivered to guest rooms to maintain an accurate inventory and to ensure recovery upon guest departure. All added amenities delivered to guest rooms should be logged on the AYS Tracking board.
Night Audit / Accounting Duties:
- Answer and relay all incoming calls promptly with-in three rings, using correct phone script.
- Schedule and deliver wake-up calls as requested.
- Coordinate all emergencies according to established procedures.
- Handle all functions of the hotel¡¦s switchboard.
transmitted daily and all back up filed properly.
- Associate consistently follows Night Audit checklists and completes job tasks in a timely manner.
- Associate monitors house accounts, adjusting weekly and balancing forward daily.
- Associate correctly posts and distributes Banquet, Valet and Gift Shop work.
- Associate sorts shift work balancing adjustments, and charges making all necessary corrections.
- Associate maintains all necessary system backups daily (PMS, Micros, Delphi, and any others assigned)
- Associate completes credit card balancing and processing in a timely manner, ensuring that work is
reports, shift closings, micros z, preliminary trial, folio backup, charge code detail, credit card, room
- Associate updates all spreadsheets assigned by Front Office and Accounting.
- Associate completes a thorough audit of restaurant, room service, and Altitude receipts work, balancing tallies, posting manual charges, monitoring cash and charge checks, completing work in PC and distributing paper work in timely manner.
- Associate accounts for all necessary backup/reports daily (i.e., occupancy, profit center detail, GRR
and tax, specially requested reports, final).
revenue to the final and room information to the final house count.
- Associate accurately balances, distributes and proofreads daily gross revenue report balancing
- Associate professionally critiques mistakes and contributes to the daily preparation of the
- Associate assists in the cleanup of work area keeping the front desk and AYS neat and organized
- Associate follows all safety precautions as related to hotel¡¦s standards
- Associate completes any additional work or special projects assigned by the manager by requested
areas by 7 a.m.
- Associate strives to keep current on changing responsibilities in the daily operation of the department.
- Associate ensures that all reports to be distributed are copied and distributed to the appropriate
- Associate completes and distributes daily gross revenue report by 7 a.m.
- Associate actively participates and supports implementation of new audit procedures.
Hcareers.com - 22 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...