Overall Function: Provides friendly, courteous, and efficient service to guests at front desk, accessing information required to determine appropriate action, and taking action accurately and properly. Alerting Desk Supervisor or Business Manager of discrepancies and problems. Help the front desk operate at optimum efficiently.
1. Using a video display terminal and keyboard, read, interpret, and record from registration document to check in and check out guests.
2. When information is incomplete or irregular, take appropriate action based on Hotel policy and procedures.
3. Respond to guest comments and complaints in a courteous, professional, but expeditious manner.
4. Keep front office workstation and lobby area neat, orderly and stocked with supplies.
5. Maintain complete familiarity with all emergency procedures and respond appropriately to emergencies.
6. Notify the Manager on Duty of unusual circumstances and situations.
7. Know current status of rooms and individuals guests.
8. Review reservations due to arrive, checking for duplicates, oversee special requests, and other factors requiring follow up.
9. Give direction and assistance to anyone who inquires about amenities and services in the Hotel or the area surrounding the Hotel.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
11. Prepare the Night Audit Package by printing out reports.
12. Inform Business Manager of discrepancies in the Night Audit Package.
13. Correct out of balance transactions.
14. Help maintain the integrity of the system and operate at optimum efficiency is essential.
Note: This position may be on a rotating work schedule and may be required to work overtime from time to time, as business operations require.
Non-Essential Functions: Occasionally lift computer paper weighing up to 18 pounds to refill printer.
Tools & Equipment Required: Telephone switchboard, computer terminal, keyboard, calculator, computer printer, credit card verifier, fax, copying machine and coffee maker. Performance Standards: Accurately complete check in and check out procedures in three minutes or less.
Work Environment : Normal office conditions with low lighting appropriate for constant video terminal work.
Good Nite Inn - 9 months ago