The Night Auditor is responsible for reconciling all
hotel cashier transactions; reviewing, organizing and
compiling management reports on a timely basis and
ensuring the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger
transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively
communicating concerns and/or related issues to all
levels of management and performing guest service agent
duties as required, including check-in, check-out,
switchboard operation and reservations.
and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and apply complex
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related
anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Must be able to show initiative, including
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial
- Must be willing to cross train in other accounting or
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to
check guests in/out, take reservations, we-up calls,
- Perform guest services functions as required (i.e.
required (i.e., Daily Operating Report, Discount
- Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as
Programs, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
- Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage
cards on a timely basis.
- Audit, reconcile, consolidate, and transmit all credit
- Prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including
- Input and update financial information into corporate
processing system functions as required.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual data
financial events and/or deviations of policies or
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to governmental inquiries upon receipt.
- Handle guest requests.
progressive experience in a hotel or related field
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of
Complete health care package, including medical, dental,
- Guest Service Experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
vision, life, AD&D available after 60 days, 401(k) and
Highgate Hotels, L.P. - 20 months ago