Position: Night AuditorSupervisor: Front Office Manager / ControllerDepartment: Accounting Position SummaryTo prepare, balance, and audit all daily postings and transmittals of property revenues. To ensure that all guest service standards are maintained at the front desk. To assist with guest needs during the night audit shift. Essential Functions* Ensures accurate and timely recording and reporting of all property receipts.
Position Requirements Minimum KnowledgeRequires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field. May compile objective and measurable data and produce reports. Require operating knowledge of manufacturing or computer equipment, and requires a broad knowledge in clerical or service areas. Requires excellent communication skills written and verbal. Formal Education and Job-Related ExperienceThis position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of six months job-related experience. License, Registration, and/or Certification RequiredMust be Alcohol Certified in the State of New Mexico CPR Certified External and Internal Personal Contact CommunicationDaily-Verbal and WrittenOccasionally-Participating in Meetings Teamwork and CollaborationThis job is part of a formal work team with in the department Working Conditions and Physical EffortStress Load-Regular exposure to stresses Workload Fluctuation-The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change. Manual Skills-Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations. Physical Effort-Duties involve little or no (less than 10%) exertion of physical effort. Physical Environment-Generally free from exposure to dirt, odors, noise, temperature / weather extremes, or unlevel, slippery, or unstable working surfaces. Work Schedule-Work regularly requires or varies between days, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs. Occupational Risks-Nature of duties performed presents little or no (less than 10%) potential for job-related accidental injury. Ergonomics Risks-Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures. Safety-Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Hotel Andaluz. Required Travel-Position does not require travel - work is completed on the property. Hotel Andaluz Performance Standards * Always practice Experience culture.
- Maintains guest service standards at the front desk at all times.
- Follows cash handling procedures as outlined by the accounting department. Collects payment at check out and provides change for guests as needed.
- Performs all end of day front desk and night audit functions, including reviewing cashier audits for accuracy, balancing credit card postings to computer system, maintaining computer database integrity daily, and auditing of master bills.
- Completes express check out in a timely manner and issues to security for delivery.
- Completes the daily sales report and issues to all departments.
- Prepares all computer systems for the following day. Ensures accurate and timely backup files / tapes are maintained on a daily basis.
- Prepares, balances, posts, and distributes all necessary reports on a daily basis.
- Prepares property newsletter
- Generate and distribute no show list
- Prepares the daily comp report for management
- Complete the entire daily night audit check list that may be updated from time to time.
- Completes property walk through, ensuring buildings are secure and safety systems in working order.
- Contacts management in emergency situations.
The Hotel Andaluz offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our employees.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow employees.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the employee handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow employees, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Practice the principles of the Andaluz culture.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Hotel Andaluz is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.