Knowledge of computers, accounting, auditing and front desk procedures. Typing and 10-key experience. Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems. Copy, fax and scanning. Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines. Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests. Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others.
What are the essential functions?
What about the physical aspect of the job?
- Ensure that all charges of the day have been properly posted to the appropriate guest folio or master account.
- Ensure that all food and beverage outlets have balanced.
- Ensure that all front office charges and miscellaneous charges and adjustments have been posted and balanced out.
- Ensure that all guest charges have been balanced and all appropriate reports have been run and all supporting documentation is attached to the appropriate reports.
- Prepare and distribute the daily managers’ report, eg. DMR.
- Manually balance and directly deposit credit cards.
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to all customers
- Standing/walking: Constantly. Walking approximately 3 miles on tile, cement and carpeted surfaces.
- Crouching: Constantly. If cleaning guest rooms, lifting supplies and cleaning windows, Kitchen, Front Office, throughout the hotel.
- Kneeling/crawling: Constantly. Completing my job throughout the hotel, if cleaning guest rooms, under beds, while cleaning bathrooms, if getting supplies, working in the kitchen, around the front office.
- Stooping: Constantly. Throughout the hotel in all aspects of keeping the hotel clean and up to standards - if cleaning guest rooms, kitchen, open spaces, lifting supplies and cleaning windows.
- Twisting: Constantly. Throughout the hotel.
- Reaching (overhead/extension): Occasionally. When cleaning high places reaching for supplies needed to perform my job.
- Handling / Grasping: Constantly. Handling cleaning supplies and equipment and documents.
- Fingering/ feeling: Constantly.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60 lbs frequently, Maximum weight 100 lbs frequently
- Lifting/carrying: Average weight 10 lbs occasionally, Maximum weight 20 lbs occasionally