Remington Hotels, headquartered in Dallas, TX is one of the largest, privately held, multi-brand, hotel management companies in the country.
Remington is a world class leader and operates 60+ hotels (Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood) and growing in the United States with over 13,000 hotel rooms and 5,500 associates.
Our performance strategies, corporate culture and philosophies help us to deliver on our promise to guests, associates, brands and investors. Remington has been consistently recognized among many of the world's best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
At Remington, our history of success and unparalleled industry expertise makes us The premier service provider to the hospitality industry™
Purpose of the Position:
Accurately and efficiently verify all accounting activity taken place during the day in accordance with the management company’s accounting and credit policies and procedures. Responsible for the accurate compilation of all reports for management’s review the next day. Promptly, warmly and courteously service the guests and ensure the quality and efficient service during the third shift business.
1. Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
2. Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow associates.
3. Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
4. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
5. Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
6. Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Associate Handbook.
7. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program and safe lifting techniques.
8. Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
9. Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
10. Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
11. Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
12. Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
13. Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction.
14. Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
15. Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
16. Train other associates as directed by management.
17. Continue to learn and grow in your position.
18. Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
19. Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
20. Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
21. Assist person(s) with a disability.
22. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Using computer or manual register, run room
2. Review room and tax posting on computer or register for accuracy immediately correcting any errors.
3. Use calculator to accurately add up all Food & Beverage, phone and miscellaneous charges and totals.
4. Use basic arithmetic to accurately balance department totals.
5. Ensure all house charges are posted accurately and in a timely fashion.
6. Use basic math to accurately balance the guest and city ledger.
7. Accurately complete all written room night audit reports.
8. Responsible for all front desk functions including check-ins, check-outs within 2 minutes, payments, reservations, PBX operation answering calls within 3 rings, etc. Guests should be treated promptly, warmly, courteously and professionally. Accurate and clear directions to room locations should be given.
9. Inform management of any unusual activity during the course of shift either immediately if deemed of emergency nature or during next day for other activities.
10. Accurately prepare express check-outs.
11. Complete back-up of front office computer system and night audit program daily (if applicable).
12. Complete the rebuild of the front office system, reservations and other related computer maintenance (if applicable).
13. Use basic math and a calculator to accurately balance all credit card room charges
14. Accurately pre-block all special request rooms and reservations for next day, if room accommodation are available or time permits.
15. Understand, know; follow management company’s accounting and credit policies and procedures.
1. Attend monthly department meetings.
Job, Knowledge, Skills and other Requirements:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Communicate effectively both verbal and written
3. Efficiently operate ten-key calculator, using basic math.
4. Efficiently and accurately operate a computer.
5. Stand for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
6. Read printed materials.
7. Life and carry approximately ten (10) pounds.
Remington Hotels - 13 months ago