Job Summary: As leader of our evening store operations, this position is responsible for customer service, cash handling, merchandising, maintenance, and personnel development.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in store operations, cash handling, customer service, product merchandising, and stocking; ensures efficient operations and effective coordination of store activities.
- Oversees store operations and ensures standards are maintained in absence of Store Director team, Lead Customer Service Manager, and Customer Service Manager.
- Ensures health, safety and sanitation guidelines are followed while working with all products.
- Effectively maintains and coordinates night crew staffing to best service customers; tracks attendance and takes action as needed.
- Ensures effective communication between all departments within store.
- Oversees cash handling procedures; transfers money to cash tills; pulls tills at shift end; ensures accuracy of the safe.
- Maintains all store and department standards, including supervision of all department operations for compliance with Company standards; manages evening activities of all department staffs.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Checker.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Grocery Manager and/or the Store Director team.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year Checker experience required; excellent checking skills necessary; superior customer service skills essential.
- Minimum three years grocery or related experience required.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of grocery store operations a must.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates good judgement. Effectively assesses situations and information, takes appropriate action.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
Metropolitan Market - 12 months ago