The Nighttime Facilities Supervisor will provide hands-on leadership and oversight of tasks performed by the Facilities Agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervisory Duties :
· Supervises Facilities Agents
· Ensures essential duties are performed
· Assists with scheduling
· Coaches crew about safety, environment, and quality work performance
· Ensures proper inventory levels are maintained
· Assists with training of new personnel
Regular Duties :
· Cleans bathrooms, including replenishing supplies such as towels, soap and toilet paper.
· Checks all garbage bins, empty when necessary.
· Sweeps, vacuums, mops; inside and outside
· Opens and close offices, ticket booth and restaurant by emptying trash, sweep, vacuum.
· Sorts Garbage
· Cleans boats
· Puts out garbage
· Performs other duties as directed
RESPECT OUR PLANET RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand and follow all RESPECT procedures that relate to your job duties.
· Work with a “safety-first” attitude.
· Minimize your impact on the environment when at work.
· Treat our customers with RESPECT at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consulting and problem solving regarding job projects
· Planning and organizing projects
· Communicates to management when equipment is not working.
· Cleans windows in Restaurant on a weekly basis
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma required
· 2 years maintenance experience preferred
· Some knowledge of Spanish preferred
· Management experience preferred
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Alcatraz Cruises from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Crewmembers with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all crewmembers are required to fully comply with Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations. Employees who violate Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skill sets to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Problem solving —the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Communications —the individual must speak clearly so listeners can understand and recognize and understand the speech of another person.
· Demonstrated ability —the individual has the necessary supervisory skills to be a leader in a team environment.
· Customer service —the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
· Planning/organizing —the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
· Quality control —the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
· Quantity —meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
· Physical demands —the individual occasionally must have the ability to move or lift up to 60 lbs.
· Adaptability —the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability —the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Safety and security —the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
Latex gloves/rubber gloves
· Knee pads
· Lifting belts
· Safety harness
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. Alcatraz Cruises provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available in the Employee Handbook).
Alcatraz Cruises, a subsidiary of Hornblower, provides ferry transportation for visitors to Alcatraz Island, part of the Golden Gate...