What knowledge, skills and abilities do I need to have? (the must-haves)
- Ability to operate standard laundry equipment: washers, dryers, mangle.
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others.
What are the essential functions?
What about the physical aspect of the job?
- Ensure that quality is maintained on all items laundered.
- Tend the laundry machines: cleaning and drying sheets, pillow cases, towels, napkins and tablecloths.
- Sort, fold and stock clean linen and terry.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laundry room and inspect the restrooms for supplies and cleanliness.
- Deliver linen to room attendants.
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to all customers
- Standing/walking: Constantly. Walking approximately 3 miles on tile, cement and carpeted surfaces.
- Crouching: Constantly. If cleaning guest rooms, lifting supplies and cleaning windows, Kitchen, Front Office, throughout the hotel.
- Kneeling/crawling: Constantly. Completing my job throughout the hotel, if cleaning guest rooms, under beds, while cleaning bathrooms, if getting supplies, working in the kitchen, around the front office.
- Stooping: Constantly. Throughout the hotel in all aspects of keeping the hotel clean and up to standards - if cleaning guest rooms, kitchen, open spaces, lifting supplies and cleaning windows.
- Twisting: Constantly. Throughout the hotel.
- Reaching (overhead/extension): Occasionally. When cleaning high places reaching for supplies needed to perform my job.
- Handling / Grasping: Constantly. Handling cleaning supplies and equipment and documents.
- Fingering/ feeling: Constantly.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60 lbs frequently, Maximum weight 100 lbs frequently
- Lifting/carrying: Average weight 10 lbs occasionally, Maximum weight 20 lbs occasionally
Red Lion Hotels - 8 months ago