United States-San Francisco-Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square
Reporting to the Director of Ops and Resident Manager; fulfilling Manager on Duty responsibilities for overnight. Managing Safety and Risk for the property. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership support to Reception, Royal Service and Guest Services in the daily operational duties for these areas
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Communicate through pre-shift logs, emails and departmental meetings all pertinent information for the respective shift and areas of operation
- Train colleagues on service standards and technological skills to allow them to perform to the best of their abilities
- Manage room inventory according to guest preferences and availability
- Process and organize relocations on over committed nights
- Handle guest recovery and follow through on all guest requests
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow and support department policies, procedures and service standards
- Be completely knowledgeable, follow and manage all health and safety policies and procedures ensuring the well being of our guests, colleagues and property.
- Serve as an information source regarding the hotels and surrounding areas
- Work with fellow colleagues throughout the hotels’ in a cooperative and friendly manner, as to develop team spirit.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Balance and audit all Front Office postings and settlements
- Process all night audit responsibilities
- Ensure the current day’s revenue balances are reconciled
- Process credit card settlement
- Close and roll the date in Opera
- Follow up on any PH accounts
- Prepare and distribute daily management reports as required
- Prepare shift briefing for morning colleagues advising of any important information related to guests or events.
- Complete the update process on the front office system per established system guidelines
- Complete system back-ups as required
- Assist residents by performing all requests including valet parking, luggage handling, concierge inquiries as well as housekeeping requests
- Manage the food & beverage breakfast staff members
- Provide guidance to F&B breakfast team with inventory controls and ordering practices
- Quality control of F&B food
- Manage F&B budgeting for payroll and F&B cost
- Prepare scheduling for F&B staff
- Provide guidance for improvement reflective of guest satisfaction scores of the F&B team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager and Residence Manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous front office experience required
- Previous accounting experience would be an asset.
- Solid knowledge of front office, night audit and accounting procedures.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Windows applications required
- Strong hospitality computer skills, especially knowledge of Opera Property Management System and Protobase
- University/College degree in a related discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Previous experience as a Reception Supervisor / Manager in a similar size property an asset
- Ability to work overnights with flexible weekly schedule.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
–Must posses a Drivers License in good standing and provide a driving abstract.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. .
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You must provide proof that you are legally entitled to work in the United States. Employment is conditional upon your ability to produce acceptable documentation establishing that you are legally entitled to work in the United States within three days of your date of hire.
Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit
to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits! Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please log on to our website at
where you can access more information about our outstanding collection of luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Management / Supervisory
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a Canadian-based operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Currently, Fairmont operates properties in 16...