· Responsible to inspect and pack quality products into boxes and containers in a team atmosphere.
· Inspects packaged items and alerts Machine Operator or Shift Supervisor of any problems.
· Inspects package weight.
· Verifies code, dates, and price.
· Examines packages for proper seal.
· Reports any an all conditions that could lead to contaminated product.
· Packs product into cartons, cans and specialty containers.
· Places carton, can or specialty container onto skid.
· Responsible for training new packers.
· Prepares items when “extra”
· Line cans and caddies.
· Labels boxes.
· Rework items.
· Gives breaks and lunches.
· Maintains an organized and sanitary work environment at all times.
· Responsible to follow all safety rules and work safely at all times.
· Responsible to report unsafe equipment and practices to supervisor.
· Must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
· Requires basic math and reading skills.
· Requires knowledge of product quality and production processes.
· Standing required 100% of time; moderate lifting (40lbs).
· Required to wear non-slip shoes and appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Moderate noise from packaging machines.
· Occasional eye and throat irritation from pretzel dust.
Utz Quality Foods, Inc - 13 months ago