Manage incoming material program at the plant level to ensure program meets the quality and delivery expectations of the plant. Serve as the communication link between manufacturing and supply chain to ensure expectations are met.
This position will report to the Materials Superintendent.
o Visually inspect color with standard
- Responsible for quality assurance of incoming material
o Detect defects of any kind
o Measure for accuracy
o Use X-rite & download into database
o Use meter & document data
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for tracking key metrics relating to the quality of incoming material
- Provide feedback on key metrics to business partners at Ferdinand Operations and Corporate
- Use 5 Why process to resolve quality, supply and storage/flow issues while working with business partners
- Assist in disposition, chargeback process and return process for defective products from supplier
- Work closely with Planners to communicate and identify any material shortages within the short-term horizon and make recommendations
- Work with Supply and Commodity managers to control quality and reliability of inventory
- Support Ferdinand Operations as needed to interpret specs of product
- Support the Quality System by performing tasks to ensure the compliance and continuous improvement of the system
- Experience in the implementation of continuous improvement in a manufacturing organization
- Proven ability to drive root cause analysis and provide solution to related issue
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with ERP systems
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills
- Two years experience within a manufacturing environment preferred
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- High school diploma or equivalent
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 18 months ago
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...