Night Shift Relief Packer (P3_2.13)
UTZ QUALITY FOODS, INC.
TITLE: Relief Packer
SHIFT/HOURS: Sunday thru Thursday 11:25pm –5:30 am
Packs chips in boxes and bags. Inspects quality of chips.
1. Packs bags of chips into boxes.
Inspects packaged items and alerts machine operator or shift supervisor of any changes.
3. Places box, cans or specialty container on to skids.
- Checks weight of package.
- Verifies code dates and price.
- Examines package for proper seal.
- Removes brown, green, uncooked chips after chips leave the fryer.
Prepares items when “extra”
Repack product merchandise into cartons on Jumbo/Lunchbox line.
Repack corn product into nacho kits as needed.
- Lines cans and caddies.
- Labels boxes.
- Rework items.
- Gives breaks and lunches .
Maintains an organized and sanitary work environment at all times.
9. Must be available to work 6:55am-4:55pm as needed.
- Catches chips in plastic bags.
- Seals tops of bags with twist ties.
- Seals boxes with glue.
- Counts bad bags.
10. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Requires basic reading and math skills.
- Requires knowledge of product quality and basic operations acquired through three months of training.
- Standing required 100% of the time.
- Ability to communicate production issues to fellow co-workers and supervision.
- Moderate to excess noise from packaging machines.
- Occasional slippery floor due to a combination of product oil and humidity.
- Moderate heat from fryer.
- Required to wear non-slip shoes and appropriate personal protective equipment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.