Responsible for ensuring the safety of youth and staff during sleeping hours, and for the physical security of grounds and buildings. Works in cooperation with counselors and other on-site employees to detect, contain, resolve and report any injuries, escape attempts, property damage or other unsafe acts or conditions. Ensuring any electronic surveillance system is operable and routine cottage and room checks are conducted.
• Monitor individual groups as designated by the Night Watch Supervisor, or facility leadership.
• Ensure the physical presence and safety of youth by observing them at frequent, unpredictable intervals set by management and relevant policies.
• Document each observation of each youth as it occurs.
• Notify the appropriate facility staff and supervisor immediately upon observation of anything out of the ordinary, and carry out all instructions given by the staff and/or supervisor.
• Assist counselor and supervisor in containing and/or resolving behavior management issues affecting the safety and security of youth or staff.
• Awaken enuretic clients at predetermined times.
• Immediately notify the Night Watch Supervisor of any intruders, property damage, or unsafe acts or conditions.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Two years paid work experience required. Experience in nighttime work preferred. Experience in working with adolescents preferred.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...