The job of "Noon Assistant" is done for the purpose/s of providing for the safety and welfare of students during non classroom activities; communicating observations and incidents that may impact a student's development or general well being to other school personnel; and providing appropriate emergency care as may be necessary.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Functions
- Administers first aid for the purpose of providing emergency care.
- Monitors students and maintains order during lunch periods and recesses within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, classrooms, library, bus stops, cafeteria, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Minimizes commons or hall traffic and identify loiterers and trespassers for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (i.e. discipline, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to teachers and administration.
- Administers playground equipment for the purpose of providing equipment necessary for activities.
- Attends authorized training sessions for the purpose of developing skills or knowledge related to the job assignment.
- Facilitates games among students for the purpose of providing age appropriate activities.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities (e.g. classroom teachers, office staff).
- Experience Required: Job related experience, paid or volunteer, with school age children.
- Skills. Knowledge and/or Abilities required
- Skills to use English in both written and verbal form, make common sense decisions, administer first aid.
- Knowledge of playground safety and basic first aid.
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, understand oral and written instructions. Significant physical abilities include stooping, talking/hearing, far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation.
High school diploma or equivalent education or job experience.
Licenses Certification, Bonding and/or Testing Required
Red Cross First Aid Card (or equivalent), Oregon Criminal background and Fingerprint clearance.
10:15am to 12:15pm Monday - Friday (on school days) 2.0 hours