Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
Overall responsibility for revenue, margin and operating profit for a $35M NA Drug Discovery Division which serves five market segments (Pharma, Biotech, CROs, Government and Academics), as a member of the NA Senior Staff management team. Direct line responsibility for region level leadership, individual sales representatives, and working closely with product specialists and cross functional support provided via in-house shared services (i.e. Marketing, Product Management, Field Service, Human Resources, Finance.) The Manager will need to balance strategy and tactics; fosters creativity and innovation directed toward growing Molecular Devices’ market share, revenue and profitability year over year.
- A minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility within the life science segment in a variety of service/marketing and/or sales positions.
- A five year record of growing the top line of a life science business with at least $20 million in annual sales.
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic planning as well as tactical implementation. Will have successfully designed and executed such plans within the life science segment.
- Successful track record of effective communication and teaming at a global organization with demonstrated results in new product development, sales/profitability increases and market share gains.
- Demonstrated capability in the leadership, selection, development, training, and management of sales and marketing professionals. Understands the role of the sales function and how to implement the plan through it.
- The successful candidate will have a reputation as a strong leader, an excellent communicator and a superb developer of management talent.
- Successful track record of early identification and development of new technologies and applications which enhance the organizations ability to effectively market, sell and service existing and new customer solutions systems.
- Familiarity of how the philosophies and practices of large companies (Danaher) interface and contribute to those of smaller semi-autonomous companies.
Danaher Corporation Overview
- A four-year degree is required with an MBA preferred. A science or technical degree in an appropriate science or closely related field would be a plus. Microscopy/high content imaging experience would be especially beneficial but is not mandatory.
Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 66,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale