At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Product Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product and Social Responsibility department as Food Safety Manager. The position is based in Seattle, WA supporting food safety initiatives in the US, Canada, and coordinates with staff globally. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a highly visible project managing food and over-the-counter (OTC) Product Safety and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
- Develop Best Practices for the receipt, storage, transportation and disposal of food and over-the-counter products;
- Communicate industry standards and identify continuous improvement opportunities;
- Create and deploy internal training of procedures;
- Develop sustainable processes to audit consumables safety;
- Create and monitor business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness;
- Lead internal communication with Amazon’s grocery and drugstore retail teams, legal, fulfillment center operations and related technology teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- 5+ years of experience managing Food Safety in a Retail environment;
- Program Management experience;
- Demonstrated experience creating sustainable processes;
- Knowledge of government regulations (FDA, USDA);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements;
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture;
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Supervisory experience leading a compliance/audit team;
- Six Sigma experience/training;
- Online/retail experience.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...