If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
New Jersey [NJ]
United States [US]
NorthEast Pain Medical Science Liaison
inVentiv Health, Inc.
is a global provider of clinical, commercial and consulting services to the life sciences industry. inVentiv offers convergent services that accelerate the performance of companies working to improve human life. In 40 countries around the world, inVentiv’s 12,000 employees work with more than 550 pharmaceutical, biotech and device companies, as well as companies that see health as a central part of their mission.
The MSL will develop and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with KOLs. The MSL will be the primary conduit for Medical Affairs communications and interactions for their assigned institutions and organizations. They will ensure effective communication across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs tactics.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for engaging with specified KOLs, institutions, and organizations in your territory through appropriate high-level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. Other responsibilities will include
- Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified KOLs and assigned institutions to provide scientific support for existing products and pipeline agents upon request or in fulfillment of an approved Medical Affairs initiative
- Serve as a primary liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with KOLs and health care providers in assigned pain/inflammation institutions.
- Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities with Client. Support KOL involvement in research activities including Company-Sponsored Trials and respond to unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs). Assume a primary role for the facilitation of IST projects.
- Serve as a disease state resource to KOLs, academic institutions and community pain/inflammation practices, advocacy groups, and others as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide balanced, accurate medical information to and scientific exchange with institutional formulary decision makers and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee members.
- Attend assigned scientific congresses for the purposes of gaining scientific insights, supporting the communication of information about disease states which may potentially include Client products to congress and meeting attendees, gathering competitive and scientific intelligence, and supporting KOL interactions
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of MSL experience in pain/inflammation and demonstrated knowledge of the pain/inflammation clinical environment.
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline strongly preferred. In lieu of a terminal degree, an RPh, Masters or pain/inflammation nursing trained applicant with 8+ years of experience will be considered.
- Familiarity and experience with managed markets, P&T committee presentations, HEOR research, and the AMCP dossier
- Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
- Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and MA activities including publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design in pain/inflammation.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deliver results while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Self motivated and must thrive on challenge.
- Ability to maintain high level of ethical and compliancy standards.
- Strong time management and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by example and through accomplishments; steps forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
- Able to travel: 50-70 percent overnight
At InVentiv Health, you’ll discover different challenges every day, distinct opportunities to learn, and unique ways to make your mark. Our employees enjoy comprehensive benefits, a matching 401k, tuition reimbursement and more. Come join us in helping clients transform promising ideas into commercial reality.
It’s time to get inVentiv about your Career
inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%
Minimum Education Level
InventivHealth - 11 months ago