Regional Field Marketing Managers are responsible for development, communication, execution, and analysis of all regionally based marketing strategies and tactics in their respective territory. RFMM’s collaborate with key sales managers, Branding leadership and New Belgium’s Wholesaler partners to develop regional marketing programs, grassroots events and local media tactics, while working with and developing a team of local Field Branders with expertise to execute a regionally based strategic plan.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Collaborate with Sales and Branding leadership to create and develop local/regional marketing strategies and tactics to meet business objectives.
• Develop and execute local/regional marketing tactics through multiple internal and external sales and branding teams as well as local retail customers.
• Develop a local/regional sponsorship and events strategy, informed by existing strengths, sales and branding goals and business objectives.
• Develop internal systems for analyzing the effectiveness of local branding activities.
• Collaborate with NBB’s media team and local Wholesalers to develop a local/regional media (paid, earned, social) approach.
• Lead training and development of regional Field Branding team members as it relates to program/campaign execution, sponsorship selection and activation, local media plan development and community relations.
• Lead best practice sharing across FB team, ensuring our Field Branders’ continue to become talented consumer facing brand builders.
• Develop and maintain an annual budget for respective field marketing region, tracking and communicating variances on a monthly basis.
• Constant communication with sales leadership and key distributors, ensuring a solid understanding of their needs and concerns.
• Travel extensively within Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, with regular trips back to Colorado.
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
• Minimum 6 years of marketing experience, with minimum 2 years at Regional (or National) level
• Experience building strategic market plans with a territorial scope, incorporating all available marketing mediums.
• Track record of innovation and sourcing creativity within marketing: a leader who takes initiative and ownership
• Minimum 2 years of team management experience with expertise in hiring, training, administrating and motivating teams
• Ability to cultivate a team environment
• Excellent communication skills, including presenting and training abilities
• Strong planning, budgetary and project management competencies; ability to deliver on deadlines, with excellence
• Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA desired) or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of the ‘fast moving’ consumer goods industry, including agency and sales insights preferred
• Travels 50 %, with in-the-field coaching and engagement as a top priority
• Live and represent the New Belgium Brand
• Familiarity with Northern California and the Pacific Northwest
• Beer industry experience and/or a working knowledge of the beer world preferred