Northwest Sales Manager(Job Number: 10558)
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
Business & Commercial:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
Strategy –Work with Regional OU Sales Executive and Account Group Executive to create and execute a Sales strategy focused on high growth leveraging both Americas programs as well as local strategies tailored to assigned territory.
Financial – Meet and exceed sales, revenue and margin % sold both individual and that of the team.
Operations – Evaluate operational results and provide forecasting and pipeline analysis to support the area. Ensure operating approaches and procedures are followed consistently.
Delivery – Facilitate high customer satisfaction for all customers in the territory, working closely with account group executives, service lines and delivery teams. Ensure that all high priority proposals are shaped to win.
Function Coordination – Act as Sr Executive for sales opportunities in the territory, with accountability to the Account Group Executive for creating a successful teaming environment
Key measurements include:
People & Organization:
- Account Group Direct Revenue, Direct Sales, Accenture Sales, and Accenture Revenue
- Direct Sold Margin
- Penetration in assigned territory
- Win/Loss Rate
- Effective financial management including management of expenses, investment dollars, and marketing budget
Leadership of organization – Provide leadership and organizational vision to the sales team in assigned territory through clear communication, and execution of strategy and goals. Sales management and direct reporting of all Direct, Multi-Channel sales team members and Technical Specialists within the assigned geographic territory. Act as point of coordination forecourt group aligned specialty service line sellers.
Support of Area / Global – Provide expertise and counsel when setting local sales goals and targets
Management/Supervision – Establish high quality people management practices, ensure professional development and coaching for all sales people in the territory.
Build organization – In relationship with Account Group Executive build and manage the organization and people structure for the assigned territory.
People environment and development – Ensure the demands of the business are balanced with a positive and constructive employee environment.
Knowledge Management – Ensure sales people in territory are well versed in policies, procedures and practice in addition to ensuring all training goals and requirements are met. Work with Sales Exec to recommend required sales training specifically for sales teams.
Key Measurements Include:
Customer & Solutions:
- Voluntary and managed attrition for direct reports
- Employee retention
- Year over year Manager feedback score via Manager Feedback Forms
- Direct feedback from OU leadership via Internal Feedback Forms
- Success of direct reports – hitting sales quota’and, other measures
Customers – Successfully develop and manage a strong Customer Pipeline as appropriate to meet sales and revenue targets. Provide support and guidance to sales team in assigned territory in identifying high priority targets. Help ensure high customer satisfaction ratings. Serve as the escalation point and senior resource for sales team in shaping/presenting and/or closing deals as appropriate. Serve as primary resource for high priority or other customers not assigned to a sales team member.
Alliance – Responsible for navigating and growing our channel partnership relationships, in particular with Microsoft sales and Accenture TGP, marketing and services in assigned territory as appropriate
Contracts- Work closely with territory BD’ to ensure that contracts are executed appropriately, and closely manage the process to ensure customers have a positive experience with Avanade.
Solutions and Offerings – Provide territory expertise in identifying solutions and offerings based on customer needs. Become a strong business partner with Service Lines and Set Play deal-shaping teams.
Key Measurements include:
- Customer Satisfaction Scores/Ratings
- New Customer Acquisitions
- Customer retention and growth
- Customer Evidence
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
Specific experience requirements:
- Experience leading a team of Business Development employees in set geographical area of highly profitable technology services business.
- Strong track record in sales and building high performance sales team
- Proven experience in working with marketing to drive targeted campaigns and organic prospecting efforts to seed a qualified pipeline
- Client relationship mastery in understanding how to bring the global power of Avanade to bear locally with clients across all Avanade support functions (e.g., marketing, PR, service line delivery, executive management) to help build long-term, mutually beneficial client relationship experiences.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Documented success in full life cycle sales management and execution
- Success in meeting and exceeding revenue and sales goals
- Proven Experience at identifying and closing >$1Million Direct deals
- Demonstrated experience with the full range of pipeline activities specific to sales (e.g. Marketing, Prospecting, qualifying, contracts)
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience
- Build and manage a growing sales team in assigned geographical territory
- Superior communication skills
- Documented experience in building relationships and influencing an organization
- Executive relationship skills and demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated experience full range of people management activities including people development and recruiting
- Proven leadership in orchestrating cross functional relationships in a complex environment
- Consulting /project-based sales background:
- Existing/experience building Channel Partnerships focusing especially on Microsoft , Accenture and second tier Avanade Partners
- Track record in developing and growing long term, high value customer relationships
- Credible escalation point during deal pursuit and negotiations; ability to “elevate” the customer relationship and deepen the business partnership
- Technology and solutions depth:
- Proven experience in Understanding the strategic IT consulting Business with sufficient technical depth to help identify and frame solutions for strategic customers.
- Understanding of how to represent the value of Avanade’s unique parental heritage and the benefit to our customers.
- Understanding of Microsoft solutions and Avanade Solutions and their value
- Specific knowledge of Microsoft product line and custom software development
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, credibility, and character
- Must be able to travel, largely within assigned territory
Primary Location : United States-Washington-Seattle
Other Locations : United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-San Francisco
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type : Standard
Region : West OU
Job : Business Development
Capability Group : BizDev
Avanade Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard