Provides nursing care within licensed scope of practice.
1. Provides excellent customer service at all times, to internal and external customers.
2. Determines specific needs for each clinic and prepares area with appropriate supplies, equipment, etc.
3. Interviews patients and/or family, reviews patients charts and progress notes to determine prior visits to the clinic, history, status of follow-up on
physicians orders and definition of problems.
4. Refers defined patient needs to physician.
5. Instructs patient and/or family on follow-up care.
6. Assists physician with procedures and treatments.
7. Evaluates charts of patients who failed clinic appointments to determine urgency of follow-up care, contacts social worker when necessary and
reviews with clinic staff the plan for follow-up appointments.
8. Documents activities in his/her clinic (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.)
9. Communicates, coordinates and consults with members of the health team while performing nursing responsibilities.
10. Maintains adequate levels of medication, supplies, teaching aids for optimal patient care.
11. Assists in orientation of new personnel.
12. Participates in staff meetings and ongoing clinic nursing reviews.
13. Provides nursing staff coverage in clinics as assigned.
14. Participates in activities which promote own professional growth and development.
15. Assists any and all internal or external consumers with any problems they may have in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
16. Responsible for collecting data from “walk-in” or “phone-in” patients and follows provider orders as directed.
17. Performs, observes, and records symptoms, interactions and progress of the patient and reports findings to the medical provider. Does not make
independent medical or healthcare decisions.
18. Assists medical providers and/or carries out medical provider’s orders by performing requested tests.
19. Assists with special projects as assigned.
20. Assist with referrals as needed.
21. Responsible for assisting with the completion of all calibration of medical equipment and ensuring logs are up to date.
22. Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of all back office policies and procedure
23. Handles client health information at a minimum necessary to document data, access, and carry out responsibilities of the position.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited LVN school.
2. Current LVN license issued by the State of California Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
3. Must maintain current CPR/First Aid training.
4. Experience and knowledge regarding the physical, mental and social needs of the patients
AltaMed Health Services Corporation - 23 months ago
We promote a comprehensive continuum of care, assisting individuals and their families from birth through the senior years, regardless of...