Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are in need of a Registered Nurse to provide care, assessment, treatment and support services to consumers and/or their families, including planning, implementation and documentation.
May operate in a residential environment, or in an outreach environment, such as in homes, schools, and/or outpatient clinic.
The position requires flexibility to provide support at any of our locations within Adams County such as Thornton, Westminster, Commerce City and Brighton.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs those nursing interventions for which the RN/LPN has been prepared through approved education programs to include:
- Assess needs of client, develop solutions and ensure implementation of solutions/ interventions and programs to meet those identified needs.
- Observes, identifies, monitors, reports and records the condition of the client including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change in the consumer’s condition to appropriate members of the treatment team (includes treating psychiatrist and clinical staff), supervising RN.
- Provides care to client in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Provides assistance in crisis intervention, as needed. If assesses situation to be emergent; calls crisis team, 911 and notifies doctor and manager/supervisor.
- Acts as a liaison to outside agencies and providers for clients to ensure continuity of care. In this capacity advocates for clients’ needs, ensures care provided and ensures necessary follow-up.
- Provides client and family education, either in groups or individually, including health education, medication education and/or education related to a psychiatric illness and techniques/skills for physical care.
- Provides case management and other clinical interventions as appropriate.
- Participates in care coordination: collaborative development and implementation of clients’ treatment plan with members of the treatment team.
- Maintain confidentiality of consumer records.
- Document intervention and program activity according to Community REACH CENTER’s policy and procedure.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-services education and training opportunities, meetings and special events.
- Liaison between On Call physician and all Residential facilities when on assigned shift.
- Administer according to CRC policy.
- Document accurately immediately following med administration.
- Store according to CRC policy.
- Report medication errors.
- Follow proper med disposal procedures per CRC policy.
- Participate in C 2-5 medication counts according to CRC policy.
- Monitor/assist with medication refills according to Medical Services protocols/policy.
- Performs chart checks as required by Program according to CRC protocols/policy.
- Responsible for admission and discharge process to Program according to CRC medical services protocols/policy.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Required Licenses/Certifications: RN/LPN
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work or direct related field.
- Knowledge of various methods, techniques and procedures used in psychiatric nursing.
- Knowledge of the uses and effects of psychotropic medication, dosages, math related DOSAGE CALCULATIOS, administration and practice.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written directions and ability to prepare and maintain records, MAR, charts.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Effective communication skills that promote a collaborative and positive team environment, and ability to communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic and cultural origins.
- At least one year of psychiatric nursing experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Required Training: CPR
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We value diversity!