Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This is a casual, non benefits-eligible position.
Minimum Education/Work Experience
--Bachelor of Science in Nursing or another appropriate baccalaureate degree from an approved nursing program
--Graduation from an accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia
--Plus a minimum of one year of acute care nursing experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
--Prior knowledge of anesthesia equipment
--Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota and successful completion of the certification examinations administered by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists OR
--an approved equivalent as provided under M.S. 148.284.
--ACLS, BLS, PALS
Positions at Hennepin County Medical Center are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Director in accordance with its policies
Provides anesthesia care to surgical, medical and obstetrical patients under the direction of a physician anesthesiologist or an HCMC credentialed physician in a life threatening emergency.
1. Provides pre-anesthesia care, which may include: interviewing and examining patient, obtaining necessary tests to conduct the anesthetic, administering preanesthetic medications and fluids and documentation on the preanesthetic record.
2. Provides anesthesia care, which may include: preparing medications, supplies and equipment for the administration of anesthesia; respiratory care of patients; administer anesthetics, other additional medications, intravenous fluids and blood products to appropriately care for patient; continual evaluation of the patient's oxygenation, ventilation, circulation, temperature, other relevant physiologic and pharmacologic parameters and anesthetic depth; maintain proper patient positioning during the anesthetic; complete documentation of patient management on the anesthetic record; institute appropriate monitoring. A qualified anesthetist shall be present throughout the conduct of all anesthetics.
3. Provides post anesthesia care, which may include: assisting in patient care in the post anesthesia care unit and follow up of patients receiving anesthetic care.
4. Continually evaluates and treats patients with monitoring and support appropriate to the patients condition during transport.
5. Assists in pain management.
6. Responds to emergency situations by providing airway and respiratory management,
administration of emergency medications and fluids, and using advanced cardiac life support techniques.
7. Prepares, maintains and operates anesthesia equipment.
8. Assists in training of other medical personnel on assignment to the department of anesthesiology.
9. Participates in quality programs at HCMC
10. Represents Department of Anesthesia in interdepartmental matters.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard