Per Diem Home Infusion Nurse
Geographical Territory: Nurse will be assigned to Albany and surrounding areas.
Accredo is a leading provider of specialty pharmaceutical services with a national network to provide the best patient care. We specialize in the distribution and clinical management of therapies for chronic pulmonary, respiratory, neurological, and immune disorders.
If you are looking for per diem work and pride yourself in having strong knowledge and experience in the specialty infusion therapy environment. Join our excellent team of professionals as a Per Diem Infusion Nurse. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual with strong IV infusion and communication skills. Our committed Per Diem Infusion Nurses’ administer and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on how to manage conditions and follow up care after release from health care facilities. We offer a competitive compensation and mileage reimbursement to our motivated per diem staff. Infusion therapy is an essential part of medical treatment, and our nurses provide a valuable experience to our patients. Come join our team.
As a Per Diem Infusion Nurse, you will drive to patients’ homes within a geographical territory to administer treatments to patients and to provide them with infusion services, response management and education about their treatment regimen so they can learn to self-administer treatments when appropriate.
Your specific duties as a Per Diem Infusion Nurse will include but not limited to:
• Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices
• Training patients in the self-administration of treatments, particularly how to quickly recognize and respond to symptoms of adverse physical reactions to treatments
• Coordinating with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues
• Collaborating and conferring with the appropriate branch staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
• Documenting all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), including assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities using an electronic hand held device in a timely manner
• Completing training for new/specialty infusion therapies
• Participating in on-call rotation
• Determining the best course of action for aiding a patient in distress
• Presenting yourself in a clinically professional manner at all times)
• Adhering to policies and procedures
Geographical Territory: Nurse will be assigned to…….
As a Per Diem Infusion Nurse, you will receive extensive orientation and training, which includes comprehensive skill and competency assessment as well as precepting and mentoring. You will also have access to internal career development programs as well as continuing education on new infusion therapies. You will also have some flexibility in terms of the hours you agree to work. We encourage promotion from within, so as a Per Diem Infusion Nurse you will also have opportunities for advancement. We value your expertise and hard work as a Per Diem Infusion Nurse, and will reward you with a competitive pay rate as well as mileage reimbursement.
Take a bold new step in your nursing career! Apply now!
Keywords: Telemetry, Med-Surg, IVIG, Home Infusion, Per Diem Nurse, On Call, PRN RN, Specialty Pharmacy, Oncology, Cardio Pulmonary, Step Down Unit, PH, Alpha One, ICU, CCU, Home care and/or home infusion, Pulmonary Hypertension, IV, Intravenous Skills, Critical Care, Emergency Room, PIC Line, Pediatric
As a Per Diem Infusion Nurse, you must be comfortable in the multifaceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator. You must be flexible in both your availability and in your ability to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of various home environments. As a Per Diem Infusion Nurse, you must also be calm and professional as you manage crises, as you will encounter patients with dramatic allergic reactions and other types of medical emergencies.
Specific qualifications for the Per Diem Infusion Nurse position include:
• Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing or equivalent
• 1 year nursing experience, which should include 1 year as a specialized Registered Nurse in acute or home care and/or home infusion environment
• Completion of intravenous skill inventory/training
• Strong venous access skills
• Availability to work weekend hours if needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice
• Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions
• Critical care experience preferred
• Previous home infusion experience strongly preferred
• CRNI certification a plus
• PICC certification a plus
• Access device certification a plus
• Proficiency with MS Office and Outlook preferred
• Home internet access is strongly desired
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Accredo Health Group, Inc. - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -