Prior telemetry experience strongly preferred
New grads will not be considered
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Current Illinois RN license.
Earn 10 continuing education credits annually. Has demonstrated proficiency for the requirements for NC I.
Good communication skills.
Good computer skills.
Good time management and organizational skills. Familiarity with patient care equipment.
Current CPR. ACLS within one year of hire.
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is located 30 minutes northwest of Woodfield Shopping Mall
The RN staff nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning,implementation,and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients. A Nurse Clinician II plans and sets goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families. Assumes leadership responsibilities at the unit level. Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills.
1. Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum
2. Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality, cost effective care
3. Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
4. Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model.
5. Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others.
Advocate Health Care - 22 months ago