Department: NURSING ADMINISTRATION
- Develop and apply evidenced based nursing practice standards to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Oversees evidence-based, individualized, effective care to patients and families in an environment of clinical excellence.
- Oversees the development, planning, presentation and evaluation of educational activities within areas of expertise which fosters the development of competencies in the learner.
- Provides and supports Shared Governance and professional practice activities to achieve departmental and overall nursing organizational goals.
- Oversee the orientation of new employees on nursing units including development and maintenance of weekly orientation objectives and monitoring each employee’s progress.
- Supports house wide professional practice education programs such as nursing assessment, preceptor classes, shared governance and professional practice ladder.
- Understands PI principles and oversees process improvement and risk management issues.
- Serves to enhance staff nurse retention by role modeling professional practice.
3rd party Background Check
- Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current West Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of West Virginia.
- Registered Nurse with five years clinical experience
- Expertise in a clinical specialty area
- BSN required (or negotiate BSN completion within 1 year of hire)
- Certification in specialty preferred (negotiate completion with VP of Nursing)
- Knowledge and skills to develop adult education programs.
- Understanding of Performance Improvement and outcomes management.
- Criminal Background checks include:
WV State Police fingerprinting
Valley Health of Virginia - 17 months ago
Valley Health is a full service, regional health care system serving the Northern Shenandoah Valley of VA, WV, and MD. As a non-profit...