Job Duties Include: A Registered Nurse II is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care services under a physician’s plan of care and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Walgreens, the state’s professional standards, and regulatory entities. The Registered Nurse II is responsible for complete patient assessment for assigned patients, establishing and implementing patient care plans, educating patients/caregivers, evaluating progress toward goals and making recommendations for changes in the plan of care. The Registered Nurse II works independently in managing patient needs by virtue of his/her experience and the additional competencies required for this position. He or she may act as the Supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor or Nurse Manager for Medicare Certified Home Health Agencies.
Manages time effectively and demonstrates basic leadership qualities in order to deliver and manage appropriate patient care. Arranges daily visit times in accordance with patient care requirements under the direction of the Supervisor or Nurse Manager. Develops and implements a Plan of Care based on physician orders and patient needs. Documents service provided in an acceptable time frame during or immediately after care is provided. Communicates changes in patient status to appropriate members of the health care team to facilitate prompt attention to patient needs. Recommends changes and modifies the plan of care based on patient needs and physician orders. Maximizes work efficiency through the use of computers and other technologies. Effectively uses available technology to communicate and document care provided. Effectively supervises and coordinates paraprofessionals in the home (home health aide, homemaker). Assists the Supervisor or Nurse Manager with chart audit functions as time permits.
Effectively communicates with agency staff, medical team, patient and families. Under the direction of the patient’s physician, safely performs and documents nursing care provided in a manner consistent with established standards of practice and agency policy. Prepares and submits documentation outlining services rendered within the required time frame. Promptly communicates with patient’s physician and supervisor regarding problems, change in status, need for other team involvement, and goal attainment. Thoroughly reports patients care needs, progress and goals when transferring care to an alternate nurse. Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences. Acts as mentor to other nurses and assists with in-service’s, special instruction/education; provides orientation and supervision activities for field nurses. Actively participates in facility process improvement program.
Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Participates and attends required in-services. Demonstrates current knowledge regarding the care and management of patients in the alternate site. Completes all Walgreens educational modules assigned by supervisor. Obtains all educational requirements necessary to maintain professional license. In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements. Participates in the nursing department on-call responsibilities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with valid license in state(s) of practice and at least 2 years of experience as a registered nurse. At least 2 years of experience providing specialty nursing care, such as infusion therapy, maternal-child health, disease state management, pediatrics, etc. In addition, at least three months of experience working in Home Health.
- At least 2 years of experience providing specialty nursing care, such as infusion therapy, maternal-child health, disease state management, pediatrics, etc. In addition, at least three months of experience working in Home Health.
- Required licensure in Nursing as granted by an accredited school of nursing.
- Required certification in the state in which practice is conducted as granted by the State.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated competency in patient care standards required for safe delivery of services in at least 4 additional skill sets below: Advanced Infusion Skills (chemotherapy, hemotherapy or inotropic therapy); Able to access and care for implanted ports independently; Independent in PIV placement and care; Independent in Midline or PICC placement and care; Proficiency with a variety of ambulatory infusion pumps; TPN patient management; Advanced Pain Management Skills (Demonstrated knowledge of intrathecal and epidural catheter care. Independent in access and programming of implantable pain pumps; Assessment and care of pediatric infusion patients; Advanced certification or training.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Willing to travel up to 100% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- BSN, Previous Home Health Care experience or previous Infusion experience. Advanced IV Skills such as placement of extended peripheral catheters, caring for implanted pumps and administration of chemotherapy, blood products, and inotropic medications.
- Required active membership of a state or professional organization.
- Required certification in a specialty area through a nationally accredited program (i.e., OCN, CRNI, CCM, RNC, CCRN, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Home Health care environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in an Infusion care environment.
Walgreens - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...