RN III- Shift Supervisor Rotating Shift Performs complex nursing work. Work involves providing for the assessment, care and treatment of patients.
Works under general supervision, with the expectation for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Responsible for the provision of oversight of the delivery of nursing care necessary to meet the health care needs of persons served. Responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, care intervention, evaluation and documentation of healthcare needs and/or issues of the people served. Responsible for reporting health care needs and/or issues to the appropriate person and creating care plans that accurately and definitively direct the implementation of all necessary care. As a member of the Personal Support Team, works closely with members of other disciplines to assure that communication is in place to provide a most consistent, highest quality interdisciplinary guided care for all persons served. Supervision of the Case Manager is the responsibility of the Nursing Operations Office or Case Manager Supervisor, as determined by the facility. Successful completion of duties requires the use of nursing skills and judgment as well as the use established nursing methods, procedures and techniques. The RN Case Manager has no financial responsibility but is accountable for assigned property.
The RN Case Manager:
• Does not provide RN coverage for the unit/campus on any shift
• Is not scheduled to work or provide RN coverage for the unit/campus on weekends or holidays.
• Does not work as a campus RN, RN supervisor, or Officer on Duty.
• Does not provide supervision to other nurses.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
2. Performs health assessments campus wide.
3. Responds to medical emergencies on campus.
4. Communicates health status/needs to other disciplines, families as needed.
5. Provides teaching and training to staff and individuals
6. Provides personnel management to suborniate [sic] nursing staff.
7. Facilitates personnel matters.
8. Delegates work assignments.
9. Evaluates employees performance
10. Complies with all State/Federal/Local standards.
11. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the nursing process and nursing procedures.
12. Actively participates in meetings related to care of persons served in order to manage and coordinate health care to achieve optimal health.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of medications administered in order to identify desired effects or adverse reactions.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of safety and infection control practices to ensure a safe working environment.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Experience in nursing work. Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; of health care laws and regulations; of medical diagnoses and procedures; of accepted medical treatment patterns; of community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures; of program regulations and procedures. Ability to provide patient care; to prepare and maintain records; to explain public health law; to recognize patterns of medical necessity treatment; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
Must be able to appropriately interact with individuals with developmental disabilities and staff members. Knowledge of nursing care standards. Knowledge of infectious diseases and infection prevention and control principals and practices in the healthcare setting. Knowledge of standards and Infection Prevention Control standards related to infection control and utilization management. Ability to interpret regulations and communicate them effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of state and federal laws and MR-ICF rules, regulations, policy and procedures related to State School campuses. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and application in computer/software. Ability to work independently and productively with all levels of staff. Ability to train all levels of staff. Ability to make decisions and recommendations to campus leaders. Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
1. Graduation from a college or university accredited by the Texas State Board of Nursing with a degree in nursing;
2. AND Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact)
3. PLUS TWO (2) years of experience as a practicing registered nurse in a recognized health agency, hospital, or health-care facility.
Initial Selection Criteria:
Licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
Experience in assessment and documentation of health status
Two (2) years nursing experience
Nursing supervisory experience preferred
Previous experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred.
Documentation of computer skills.
All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, fingerprint criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Employee Misconduct Registry and Nurse/Aide Registry checks. Males between the ages of 18 – 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All State Supported Living Center employees are subject to Random drug testing.
Flexibility in work hours may be required for this position. The position may be required to work overtime and/or extended hours.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
position is paid $4873.83 per month