Performs complex nursing work. Work involves providing for the assessment, care and treatment of patients.
Works under general supervision, with the expectation for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Responsible for the provision of oversight of the delivery of nursing care necessary to meet the health care needs of persons served. Responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, care intervention, evaluation and documentation of healthcare needs and/or issues of the people served. Responsible for reporting health care needs and/or issues to the appropriate person and creating care plans that accurately and definitively direct the implementation of all necessary care. As a member of the Personal Support Team, works closely with members of other disciplines to assure that communication is in place to provide a most consistent, highest quality interdisciplinary guided care for all persons served. Supervision of the Case Manager is the responsibility of the Nursing Operations Office or Case Manager Supervisor, as determined by the facility. Successful completion of duties requires the use of nursing skills and judgment as well as the use established nursing methods, procedures and techniques. The RN Case Manager has no financial responsibility but is accountable for assigned property.
The RN Case Manager:
• Does not provide RN coverage for the unit/campus on any shift
• Is not scheduled to work or provide RN coverage for the unit/campus on weekends or holidays.
• Does not work as a campus RN, RN supervisor, or Officer on Duty.
• Does not provide supervision to other nurses.
“Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.”
Essential Job Functions:
1. Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
2. Monitors the health status of all persons served assigned to the RN Case Manager. Uses nursing skill and judgment and established procedures to assure that optimal nursing care is provided in an attempt to promote the optimal health of persons served.
3. Performs physical assessments in accordance with training and facility protocols.
4. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the nursing process and nursing procedures.
5. Actively participates in meetings related to care of persons served in order to manage and coordinate health care to achieve optimal health.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of medications administered in order to identify desired effects or adverse reactions.
7. Reviews physician’s orders and Medication Administration Records to ascertain that medications/treatments are administered as ordered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of safety and infection control practices to ensure a safe working environment.
9. Participates in competency-based training and continuing education activities and meetings in order to maintain competence in nursing best practice. Complies with state mandated continuing education to maintain licensure as a registered nurse.
10. Demonstrates compliance with time and attendance policy and assigned work hours. Observe Standards of Conduct of State Officers and Employees as defined in HHSC HR Manual. Adheres to professional standards of conduct and behavior.
11. Establishes and maintains professional work relationships with persons served, co-workers, supervisors, ancillary staff and visitors. Participates in proactive problem solving related to care of persons served and nursing processes and issues.
12. Follows information security protocols in order to maintain the accuracy and confidentiality of consumer records.
13. Participates in Quality Assurance, Peer Review practices and other activities related to the development/enhancement/refinement of nursing policy and procedure in order to evaluate and improve the quality of nursing care provided on campus.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Experience in nursing work. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in nursing or from an accredited nursing program is generally preferred. Experience working as a Registered Nurse may be substituted for the educational requirement. Must demonstrate knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; of health care laws and regulations; of medical diagnoses and procedures; of accepted medical treatment patterns; of community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures; of program regulations and procedures. Ability to assess and evaluate the healthcare needs and/or issues of persons served. The RN Case Manager must possess the ability to communicate with members of other disciplines to ensure optimal interdisciplinary care for persons served. Ability to communicate information gathered to facility physicians and staff. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology, nursing techniques and procedures, medications and side effects, adverse reactions and signs of toxicity associated with medications. Ability and skills to perform comprehensive physical assessments and identify abnormal findings on evaluation and to recognize signs and symptoms of illness or injury. Ability to analyze, assimilate, and integrate information in order to make nursing judgments about conditions and the acuity of conditions, to develop plans of care, and to evaluate outcomes of care. Ability to prioritize work and practice time management to ensure time lines are met. Leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required including, but not limited to, the ability to provide in-servicing to others, provide oversight of the care of individuals, and take corrective action when indicated. Must communicate, verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise manner. The RN Case Manager will maintain a professional, harmonious working relationship with other members of the interdisciplinary team. Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Graduation from a college or university accredited by the Texas State Board of Nursing with a degree in nursing;
AND Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact)
PLUS TWO (2) years of experience as a practicing registered nurse in a recognized health agency, hospital, or health-care facility
Initial Selection Criteria:
Licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
Experience in assessment and documentation of health status
Two (2) years nursing experience
Previous experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred.
Documentation of computer skills.
All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, fingerprint criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Employee Misconduct Registry and Nurse/Aide Registry checks. Males between the ages of 18 – 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All State Supported Living Center employees are subject to Random drug testing.
Flexibility in work hours may be required for this position. The position may be required to work overtime and/or extended hours.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 19 months ago
Abilene Regional Medical
Community Health Systems
- 1 day ago
Part Time LVN
Outreach Health Services
Outreach Health Services
- 9 hours ago
Cert Reg Nurse Anesthetist
Hendrick Health System
Hendrick Health System
- 7 hours ago