8am to 5pm\CB\MSTR\TWEET
NURSE MANAGER - SUB ACUTE
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the twenty-four (24) hour planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice of their nursing area(s), in order to provide quality individualized patient care, to patients ranging from neonate to geriatric on the age continuum, (appropriate to their nursing area) and support of the Medical Center’s Mission, Strategic Plan, and Goals and Objectives. The Nurse Manager assumes fiscal responsibility through the unit budgets, serves as a liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, supports nursing research and assures patient advocacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent work experience required, Master’s degree in nursing, business, or heath related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience required in nursing, two years in a management position.
- Previous Long Term Care/Subacute experience strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Current CA RN license.
- BCLS required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Title 22 and Joint Commission strongly preferred.
Seton Medical Center - 20 months ago
Seton Medical Center is the largest medical/surgical acute care center in Austin. One of four Magnet hospitals in the SETON Healthcare...