Nurse Manager - ICU (Sisters of Charity Hospital - MSC): Shares as a team member under the leadership and in collaboration with the Director/System Director the accountability for the 24 hour management of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery, the management of human, fiscal and other resources, the development of personnel, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning and the fostering of interdisciplinary collaborative relationships within selected unit(s) of responsibility and the health care institution as a whole.|
Director of Emergency/Critical Care Nursing
Supervises Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Monitor Techs, Patient Care Attendants, Unit Clerks.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Graduate of accredited professional nursing program.
- Current RN licensure in State of New York
- Baccalaureate in nursing required; Masters in nursing preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Three (3) or more years clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- All individuals responsible for the assessment, treatment or care of patients must be competent in the following, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served
- The ability to obtain information and interpret this information in terms of the patient's needs.
- Knowledge of growth and development.
- Understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors, and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional, and clerical employees.
- Possesses active listening skills.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problem resolution. Maintains deadlines for coordination of data collection.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education to staff.
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment.
- Occasional prolonged standing, walking, and sitting.
- Computer literate.