A professional nurse who is administratively responsible and accountable for a given patient care unit(s) during the unit's hours of operation. Responsibilities include planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care within established regulatory and professional nursing practice standards. This is done through management of human, fiscal, and other resources; professional development of personnel; strategic planning and fostering interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships.
- Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program required; Graduate of a Master's Degree program or current matriculation in a Master's Degree program in Nursing or a health-care related field is strongly preferred. Additional education in the NICU preffered.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required; certification in related specialty areas preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible nursing experience; previous leadership experience with demonstrated management ability preferred.
- Two years of experience in a NICU department required.
- Relevant and recent clinical experience required; active membership in professional and leadership organizations preferred.
- Interpersonal and communications skills sufficient to provide effective leadership for assigned staff, and to interact effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and a variety of health team members and hospital staff required.
- Analytical abilities necessary to organize, supervise and evaluate the work of others, to develop, interpret, implement and evaluate policies, procedures, standards and budgets, and to utilize current nursing practice concepts and theories required.
- Computer proficiency inclusive of the ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information required.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with the practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
Boston Medical Center - 19 months ago