Email This Job to a Friend
Seven Counties Services, Inc.
Nurse Manager (Central State Hospital)
This job reports to the
Nursing Director .
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required.
This is a
position , working 1st Shift, Weekends,On Call .
Number of Openings for this position:
Central State Hospital is an adult psychiatric hospital located in Louisville, KY. Our mission is to provide high quality psychiatric care for adults with serious mental illnesses in order to successfully return them to community living.
Facilitates the goal of quality patient care by coordinating the multidisciplinary team and supervising nursing within a specified nit or patient grouping to include all shifts. Assists in meeting patient care outcomes adhering to principles of recovery. Integrates nursing functions within hospital wide patient care services; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with hospital services, disciplines and departments. Assists in meeting patient care services adhering GENERAL SUMMARY
Facilitates the goal of quality patient care by coordinating the multidisciplinary team and supervising nursing within a specified nit or patient grouping to include all shifts. Assists in meeting patient care outcomes adhering to principles of recovery. Integrates nursing functions within hospital wide patient care services; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with hospital services, disciplines and departments. Assists in meeting patient care services adhering to principles of recovery. Other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Collaborates with clinical leadership and discipline heads to provide patient care services. Supports and monitors the interdisciplinary team to assure services, standards and outcomes are met. Functions as the Clinical Nurse Leader: Utilizes the nursing process to manage nursing care necessary to meet patient needs. Coordinates nursing as an integrated service in the provision of patient care following principles of recovery. Assures patient care is conducted according to hospital and nursing standards of practice and evidence based practice. Assists in patient care as needed. Maintains a highly visible presence on units to model and direct patient care.
- Uses principles of leadership and management to assure a positive work environment Supervises licensed and non-licensed nursing staff assigned to the unit. Reviews work schedules for employees; addresses staffing needs throughout all three shifts. Conducts and documents employee performance, monitors time and attendance and other personnel-related matters, including disciplinary actions. Collaborates in the hiring process for nursing personnel. Coordinates fiscal and plant resources for the unit of responsibility.
- Coordinates and participates in performance improvement processes and participates in evaluation and improvement of patient care outcomes. Coordinates and provides staff training based on analysis of PI data. Serves as shift coordinator as needed and coordinates care in emergency situations. Participates in Nursing services in a leadership role including all aspects of nursing functions, management of information technology, providing education and training to staff , and managing human, material and environmental resources. Collaborates with organizational development in orientation and mentoring of newly hired personnel and in recruitment and retention efforts.
- Serves as the unit based Clinical Risk Manager critically evaluates and anticipates potential risks implements measures to reduce risks and assure safety. Actively assesses clinical risk factors, initiates investigations, and participates on a decision making level with the Risk Manager. Reviews and critically analyzes the environment of care addressing safety, security, patient care and staff needs.
- Participates on Hospital and Nursing committees. Completes required annual training. Participates in professional development in the ongoing acquisition of knowledge and skills to affect health care practices and outcomes and in the profession. Other related duties as assigned.
Must hold a BSN from an accredited school of nursing and hold a valid Kentucky Registered Nurse license or a valid work permit issued by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Candidates enrolled in a BSN program will be considered with demonstrated progress towards degree. Four years of experience required. Previous psychiatric experience is preferred. Must have excellent customer service skills along with computer competence in approved hospital systems.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Email This Job to a Friend
KentuckyWorks.com - 2 years ago