Provides primary medical care to patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the Department of Pediatrics/Division of Endocrinology. Performs complete medical history and examinations. Administers medications and other orders and appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- BSN from an accredited School of Nursing.
- MSN with successful completion of approved Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current DC and Virginia License as a Nurse Practitioner; national certification is preferred.
- CPR certification.
- Certification in ACLS and PALS is desired, but not required.
- One to three years of nursing practitioner experience, inclusive of at least one year of directly related experience in adolescent health issues.
- Prior adolescent medicine fellowship desired, not required.
- Interest in Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patients.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures for administration of patient care.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Peds, Pediatrics, Pediatric, PICU, NICU, Neonate, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Child, Children, AAP, American Academy of Pediatrics, PedsJobs, Society of Pediatric Nurses, Perinatal, APN, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, NP, Nurse Practitioner, CRNP, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner, AANP, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, RN, Registered Nurse, BSN, MSN, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing, Endocrinology, Endocrine, Diabetes, Kidney, Liver
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 11 months ago
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...