Provides comprehensive primary health care to a population of adult patients. Participates in the health care and education of adults. Provides clinical services as advanced practice nurse.
Nurse practitioner will work collaboratively with others to provide health promotion, health maintenance and sick-care services in an effort to improve our plan members' quality of life and to facilitate optimal health outcomes through cost-effective healthcare. The Nurse Practitioner will provide nursing and medical services to our plan members, diagnose and manage plan members' acute, episodic, and chronic illnesses. The nurse practitioner will also emphasize the importance of disease prevention, by incorporating teaching and counseling of plan members and their families.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Accurately performs history and physical examinations on adult patients
- Provides primary care in the ambulatory setting, including ordering and evaluating diagnostic tests and management of minor acute illnesses
- Assess, diagnose and manage chronic conditions for patient population
- Identifies deviations from normal, initiates and evaluates treatment for patients with commonly occurring health problems within the scope of practice
- Consults, co-manages or refers as appropriate
- Prescribes medications as delegated in the protocols and.or procedures
- Provides individualized patient teaching and counseling
- Completes necessary documentation in a timely manner
- Develops, implements, and/or participates in research or educational activities
- Maintains competency in clinical practice and meets and maintains requirements for certification
- Participates in the quality improvement activities and monitoring of health outcomes for patients
The work involves considerable physical exertion such as frequent lifting of patients and the equipment, bending and stooping, and walking. The work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts, which require special safety precautions, e.g. working with risk of exposure to contagious disease or infection, or working with emotionally disturbed patients. Precautions are routine for nearly all situations. The nurse practitioner may be required to use protective clothing or gear to continuously maintain universal precautions.
Analytical ability and clinical knowledge necessary to make recommendations concerning the development and management of departmental programs, policies, goals, budgets and staffing needs.
Maintains current prescriptive authority in accordance with the designated Collaborative Practice Agreement.
Excellent leadership, clinical and interpersonal skills required for effective day to day patient management to assure a high quality of patient care rendered.
Effective writing and verbal skills.
Completion of accredited Master's prepared Nurse Practitioner Program.
Experience in a managed care environment preferred.
Current, active, and unrestricted RN and APRN license in the State of Louisiana.
Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the areas of Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, or Geriatric Nurse Practitioner by National Certifying Agency.
Current prescriptive authority in the State of Louisiana.
Maintains current BCLS certification.
Peoples Health, Inc. - 21 months ago
The Peoples Health Perspective on Employees
In the face of continued growth, our local roots help us maintain a warm and friendly...