Women's Care Florida has earned a reputation for quality women's healthcare in West Central Florida. We pride ourselves on being the leader in women's healthcare by employing dedicated and caring individuals that promote our philosophy and success of Exceptional Women's Care Every Patient, Every Time.
Currently we have 54 locations throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, and Orange counties with plans for future growth. Currently, we are looking for an experienced OBGYN Nurse Practitioner join our growing team in Brandon .
Responsibilities include providing comprehensive women’s health services including health promotion, contraception, routine gynecologic health care, annual visits, signing off on normal labs, patient calls, pellet patients and inserts, preventive health services screening. Must be interested in hormone therapy. Practice utilizes an electronic medical record system.
Key duties of Nurse practitioner:
1. Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues to provide comprehensive women’s health care throughout the lifespan, with an emphasis on reproductive, gynecologic, and family-centered health education while administering quality patient care.
2. Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population from menarche through the reminder of the lifespan.
3. Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic acute and chronic healthcare issues.
4. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
5. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
6. Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
7. Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
8. Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
9. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
10. May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
11. Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Education: Master of Science in Nursing from accredited school of nursing. Completion of an approved ARNP program.
- Registered as RN and Advanced Practitioner in the State of Florida.
- Licenses/Certifications: Florida ARNP licensed required. Prescriptive Privileges required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- 3+ years Women’s Health Care ARNP experience required
- Must be a quick and efficient self starter