About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is educationally and clinically prepared to provide advanced nursing care to specialized patient populations. Provides patient assessments through patient exams, medical history, interpretation of diagnostic procedures, and development and implementation of patient treatment plans. Provides consultation and education as a highly specialized practitioner within scope of practice. Only Nurse Practitioners (NP) with the corresponding specialty certification may be privileged for their corresponding essential functions, core privileges and population. Adult NP (ANP), Family NP (FNP), Geriatric NP (GNP), Women’s Health NP (WHNP), Adult Psychiatric & Mental Health NP (APMHNP), Family Psychiatric & Mental Health NP (FPMHNP), Pediatric NP (PNP), and School NP (SNP) are primary care providers and assess health status, diagnoses health status, and plans care for individuals with health problems that are acute self-limited or chronic and stable. Population focus for the primary care NP is dependent on their certification/license. Primary care healthcare may also include disease prevention, health promotion, and the management of acute self-limited health problems, chronic stable single or multisystem health problems and end of life care. This position works within the scope specified by the applicable State Board of Nursing Scope of Practice, as well as the organization’s medical staff bylaws.
- Functions independently as an advance practice registered nurse practitioner and consults with or refers patients to other health care providers or agencies as appropriate. Facilitates collaborative practice and interdisciplinary planning with patient-care team. Uses both advance nursing and medical knowledge in providing direct patient care.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care by promotion of health, prevention of illness and injury, and alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response. Oversees and/or participates in direct patient care through assessment, diagnosis, and outcome evaluation. Performs a comprehensive history and physical with emphasis to the practice specialty. Plans and initiates appropriate treatment modalities and monitors them for efficacy and complications throughout their course of treatment that includes ordering and prescribing medical devices and equipment, nutrition, diagnostic, and supportive services. Prescribes, procures, administers, dispenses over the counter, legend, and controlled substances. Performs procedures within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates expertise in nursing by synthesizing a broad array of information and knowledge from a wide variety of sources and brings that synthesis to bear on nursing practice. Demonstrates clinical expertise within specialty based nursing practice. Serves as a resource and support to enhance the body of nursing knowledge.
- Integrates knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and critical thinking skills to make effective decisions that enhance nursing practice and quality of care. Uses clinical inquiry to determine appropriate clinical practice. Integrates critical thinking skills with systems knowledge, educational commitment, and leadership ability.
- Follows current practice competencies and evidence-based practice standards in the area of specialty. Contributes to evidence-based practice through generating, translating, and/or implementing research. Discovers, examines, and evaluates knowledge and theory. Serves as a change agent when introducing and integrating evidence-based practices. Participates in unit and/or facility shared leadership.
- Consults on patients as requested by physicians and/or nurses and provides support as needed. Provides formal and informal educational opportunities for staff with emphasis specific to practice specialty.
- Contributes to profession and society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable and safe care. Adheres to the ANA code of ethics for nurses. Exhibits organizational stewardship through efficient use of health care resources. Assists with monitoring, evaluation and interpretation of quality indicators. Functions using the standards of professional performance including collegiality, interdisciplinary collaboration, coaching /guidance/empowerment, and consultation. Adheres to quality measures/standards as defined by regulatory/licensure bodies, and interprets dimensions of nursing care requirements at local and system level.
- Based on practice/entity need, this position may perform nurse-midwifery care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. This may include serving as a critical role within the health care team, as well as working closely with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff to provide safe, satisfying care to patients and their families.
Must possess knowledge of clinical care and patient treatment as normally obtained through the completion of masters degree in nursing. Must be approved to practice as an Adult NP (ANP), Family NP (FNP), Geriatric NP (GNP), Women’s Health NP (WHNP), Adult Psychiatric & Mental Health NP (APMHNP), Family Psychiatric & Mental Health NP (FPMHNP), Pediatric NP (PNP), or School NP (SNP) by the State Board of Nursing by proof of license/certification. Requires current RN license in state of practice. Must be certified to practice by the State Board of Nursing within a particular population as a nurse practitioner. Requires current BLS certification. Must have prescribing and dispensing authority granted by the state board of nursing. Requires personal DEA license. Additional technical and professional certifications may be required based on type of nurse practitioner and scope of delineation document under medical staff services for an individual facility. Exhibits an exemplary professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills. Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications and database management.
DNP or PhD preferred. Previous relevant experience preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- 20 months ago - save job