Req ID: 8792
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care
Nursing Area: Clinic
Department: 008300 - Primary Care & Enterprise Operations
Facility: Urgent Care / Express Care
Location: Maple Grove
Union Code: Non Contract
Employment Type: Casual-On-Call
Scheduled Hours/pp: 0
Shift Length: Variable
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Experience Required: • Two or more years experience in a Nurse Practitioner role preferred.
• One or more years experience in area of specialization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to balance work priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
Education Required: • Master's or higher degree in Nursing required.
• Certification prior to the Master's degree requirement and current practice as a Nurse Practitioner in their area of specialization or documentation of current competency.
• High School graduate or equivalent (i.e. GED) required.
Job Description: The Certified Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration and consultation with physicians, staff RNs and other health care professionals, provides holistic, compassionate care to patients and families. Practices within the context of collaboration with a physician(s) in diagnosing, managing, and preventing acute and chronic illness and disease, and promoting wellness. Nurse Practitioners have an advanced nursing practice that includes independent nursing functions based on nursing standards of care and a role in medical management working within a collaborative agreement with a physician(s). Patient populations may include patients throughout the lifecycle, such as the care of neonates, infants, children, young adults, and older adults; and is dependent on the nurse practitioner's area of specialization and the collaborating physicians' practice. The Nurse Practitioner provides leadership by serving as clinical expert, educator and liaison between the patient and the medical, nursing and interdisciplinary staff with the goal of providing remarkable care.
License Requirements: • Current Minnesota License as an RN
• Current registration as a nurse practitioner with the MN Board of Nursing. Pending certification of a nurse practitioner for up to six months after completion of a successful Nurse Practitioner educational program. Failure to pass the certification examination will result in immediate suspension of privileges. Privileges will be reinstated upon evidence of successful completion of the certification examination. Prescriptive authority is not permitted during the pending certification process.
• Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a national nurse certification organization acceptable to the MN Board of Nursing (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Certification Corporation (AACN), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecological, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties (NCC), Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB), Hospice and Palliative Certification)
• BLS Required, NMHC Standard
• Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration certificate
• Current prescription and collaborative practice agreement with at least one collaborating physician
North Memorial Health Care - 14 months ago