Registered Nurse Practitioner
Basic Duties :
Registered Nurse Practitioners (RNP) provide general medical care to inmate patients within a correctional facility. Must be able to work within a correctional facility environment and treat inmate patients with respect.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- Must have and maintain a current and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse Practitioner in the state of practice .
- Current DEA controlled substances license/registration.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program approved by the legally-designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Must have two (2) years experience within a private practice, hospital, or correctional facility as an RNP.
- Applicant required to be currently CPR certified.
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 23 months ago