Has completed a Master’s program affiliated with an accredited school of nursing leading to national certification as Nurse Practitioner.
1. Retains current licensure in the State of Georgia by the Georgia Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse recognized as a certified nurse practitioner.
2. Retains current certification
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
E. Corporate Compliance: Must complete within 30 days of hire date and yearly thereafter mandatory compliance education session as described:
1. General Compliance Education: 2 hours within 30 days and 1 hour annually, to include explanation of FMC’s Corporate Integrity Agreement requirements and Compliance Program.
2. Specific Training: 4 hours annually, to consists of training on the aspects of generating, preparing, and/or submitting accurate requests for reimbursement from Federal Health Care programs for professional services. Training will include medical record documentation, personal obligation of each individual to ensure that the information documented is accurate and meets the federal and state requirements for the Federal Health Care programs, legal sanctions for improper reimbursement submission and examples of proper and improper billing practices.
The Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse with advanced education and clinical training in a health care specialty area. The NP assesses the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of an interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests. The NP interprets data, develops and implements therapeutic plans, and follows through on a continuum of client care services across the health-illness continuum and life span.