Serves as primary care clinician for an assigned patient case-load in the Student Health department and serves as a team member providing acute care to the general student health population at Yale Health. Department URL Address: Click here for more information Principal Responsibilities 1. Examines patients to collect information about their physical condition and establishes a clinical diagnosis.
2. Conducts physicals, provides treatment, formulates a health care plan and counsels patients on various health practices.
3. Encourages compliance with treatments plan through education, assessment of patient understanding and regular patient monitoring.
4. Provides reasonable and prudent medical care, practices appropriate management, and uses sound clinical judgment based on best practice standards and evidenced based medicine.
5. Obtains, compiles, and records patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination.
6. Provides preventive health practices to patients to maintain and improve health and prevent illness.
7. Coordinates patient care including ordering of laboratory tests and radiographic studies.
8. Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
9. Prescribes therapy or medication as necessary.
10. May perform other duties as assigned. Required Education and Experience Master’s Degree from an accredited advanced Nurse Practitioner program or graduation from a Physician Assistant (PA) Training Program accredited by the American Medical Association Council on Medical Education. Required Skill/Ability 1: Well-developed assessment, interviewing, counseling, problem-resolution, and crisis intervention skills. Well developed oral and written communication, data analysis, organizational and training skills. Required Skill/Ability 2: Comprehensive knowledge of state, federal, hospital and university regulations related to administering medications and maintaining appropriate medical records. Required Skill/Ability 3: Knowledge of and/or experience in caring for common diseases in the young adult population such as sports related injuries, low body weight and sexually transmitted disease counseling. Required Skill/Ability 4: Ability to work in collaboration with team members toward a common goal. Required Skill/Ability 5: Computer and EMR entry skills. Required Licenses or Certifications CT ARPN license (or eligible) with ANA certification OR CT PA license (or eligible) with graduation from a PA program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the PA (ARC-PA) or (NCCPA) Nat’l Commission on Certification of PA. Preferred Licenses or Certifications: Licensure and certification as a PA in the State of Connecticut. Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the work involves sitting, standing, walking, bending, and occasional slight lifting. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds when transferring a patient from chair or wheelchair to exam table and turning patients for examination. Proper body mechanics must be used when maneuvering patients. Weekend Hours Required? Occasional Evening Hours Required? Occasional Drug Screen No Health Screening No Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process. Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...