Harrison Medical Center is seeking an experienced nurse recruiter. Help bring to life our vision for the patient experience: Care about me. Keep me safe. Help me heal. These standards help us define the actions we must take so the vision becomes what we embody every day for our patients, their families, and one another.
As Nurse Recruiter, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of the recruitment and retention strategies for nurses at Harrison Medical Center to help in our Magnet Status journey.
You will be asked to take a leadership role in the development of a nursing recruitment strategy utilizing knowledge of anticipated staffing needs, sources of nurses and effective recruitment methods to include social networking and social media.
You will form partnerships with nursing department leaders to effectively recruit, pre-screen, identify and present qualified candidates to hiring managers for consideration. Actively promotes and supports diversity initiatives in an effort to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. Subject to irregular hours to meet the business needs of the department.
- Associates degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Nursing, or similar study required.
- Degree in nursing with previous nursing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience recruiting nurses in an acute care hospital or health care setting.
About Harrison Medical Center:
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Strong computer knowledge required including proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and Power-point.
- Experience with Taleo Business Edition a plus.
- Strong skills in organizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of payroll system and labor contracts.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and report information.
Harrison Medical Center is a not-for-profit health system offering medical, surgical, and emergency services to residents of the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas'. Since 1918, Harrison has evolved from a single medical center in Bremerton, WA to a rapidly growing health system with campuses in neighboring waterfront communities of Bremerton, Silverdale, Port Orchard, Forks, Belfair, and Poulsbo.
Harrison is the largest private employer in Kitsap County with 2,400 employees, and 415 physicians representing more than 40 specialties, 90 percent of whom are board-certified. Harrison includes medical centers in Bremerton and Silverdale; an orthopaedic hospital opening in Silverdale in 2013; Harrison Urgent Care Centers in Belfair and Port Orchard; Harrison HealthPartners physician clinics in 14 locations; Harrison Home Health; and the Harrison Foundation.
Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton serves as the system's primary acute-care center and home to award-winning cardiovascular services, including open-heart surgery; oncology; critical care; inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical care; obstetrics and gynecology; orthopaedics; rehabilitation; a sleep center; home health and hospice; and 24/7 emergency care.
To learn more about Harrison, visit harrisonmedical.org.
About the Area:
Just 45-minutes from Seattle, the communities of the Olympic Peninsula offer the perfect place to live and work. Nestled between Seattle-Tacoma and the lush rain forests and beaches of the Olympic Peninsula, Bremerton, WA is a beautiful waterfront community offering an array of summer and winter activities.
Other features of the area include:
Life works here. Come see how.
- One of the most desirable areas to live and work in the United States
- Thriving Northwest economy
- Mild year-around climate
- Easy access to Seattle by car or ferry
- Home to the nation's top employers like Microsoft, Boeing, Starbucks, Nordstrom, and Amazon.com.
- Hunting, fishing, skiing, boating, hiking, mountain climbing, and nature watching make the area paradise for the avid sportsman and nature buff
- Diverse urban and metropolitan communities
- Affordable housing, cost of living, and great quality of life
- Top private and public schools in the United States
- Rich culture, arts, dining, entertainment, and professional sports teams including the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Sounders, and Seattle Storm.
- For more information about the area, go to visitkitsap.com or bremertonchamber.org.
Harrison Medical Center - 15 months ago
Harrison is the premiere medical center of the region, serving the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas. We’re located in picturesque Kitsap...